Supplementing a raw diet

10 hours ago, DogsAndTheMob said:

You might try the Steggles factory shop at Beresfield.

https://www.facebook.com/StegglesShopBeresfield

I haven't shopped there, but after looking at their price list, I might make a visit.

I had been meaning to go there. But recently we found this guy in Lorn who sells chook frames (and beef mince & lamb chunks etc) but apparently some of the steggles employees go to this bloke instead for dog meat because his prices are even better than their staff discounts! :laugh:

I think it's something like $12.5 for 10kg of chicken frames! Compared to woolies which are more like $3.50/kg! 

• Like 2

If you have worked out that you will be saving money by feeding those rolls, you need a better source of raw food! No way could I afford to feed that to my dogs, I couldn't even afford a kibble diet for them! 

Steggles factory at Beresfield is definitely a must visit. 10kg of frames for between $8-12 (depending on their specials eac& month) plus wings, necks, livers, hearts etc. Most butchers will have lamb and beef brisket for really cheap (about $3/kg), also the pet barn mince is really good quality. I buy the 5kg bags of roo mince but they also do beef, chicken etc. It works out to be about $4.50/kg.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, DeltaCharlie said:

If you have worked out that you will be saving money by feeding those rolls, you need a better source of raw food! No way could I afford to feed that to my dogs, I couldn't even afford a kibble diet for them! 

Steggles factory at Beresfield is definitely a must visit. 10kg of frames for between $8-12 (depending on their specials eac& month) plus wings, necks, livers, hearts etc. Most butchers will have lamb and beef brisket for really cheap (about $3/kg), also the pet barn mince is really good quality. I buy the 5kg bags of roo mince but they also do beef, chicken etc. It works out to be about $4.50/kg.

I'll be checking them out this week when I am out that way. Thanks. 

35 minutes ago, persephone said:

!!!!! 
I do hope the links and suggestions  help reduce this  while giving your dog good food :)  

Lots of good suggestions so I'm sure I'll be able to reduce the cost and staying raw for the most part. I'll see what can find this week from the suggestions that have been made. 

• Like 2