Jonah & Jesse go to Cape York

Canisbellum

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t visit here much these days and I’m sorry to realise Canetoad has passed away. I always enjoyed seeing his fantastic photos of his adventures with his beloved dogs.  Hope he crossed off everything on his bucket list.

I wonder what became of the pups. I’m sure he would have had that all worked out. I hope they’re happy. They would have missed him the the adventures.

9 hours ago, Kirislin said:

I don’t visit here much these days and I’m sorry to realise Canetoad has passed away. I always enjoyed seeing his fantastic photos of his adventures with his beloved dogs.  Hope he crossed off everything on his bucket list.

I wonder what became of the pups. I’m sure he would have had that all worked out. I hope they’re happy. They would have missed him the the adventures.

Jonah and Jesse are living with Canetoad's son here in QLD. They got to visit him at the hospital a couple of times. Coogie and her sister (whose DOL name I can't remember right now!) also see them regularly and are there to assist if his son needs help with either dog. Both dogs were at his memorial service and seemed to pick up a very strong scent during the service. I like to think it was Duane making his presence known.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

And here is Coogie hand watering Alf. Pei are not spethal at all! Issy is standing in front. Coogie  will probably know the name of the other black pei if she comes in here (don't think he's a Doler though). Desperately tried to get a pic of all 3 together but there was too much going on for standing still!

67146845_10157248181757412_1400183678075666432_n.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Animal House said:

That's great LG, it's good to see Jonah and Jesse again, I often think of CT and his great adventures round Oz with them.

He gave them a great life and thankfully dogs are very resilient and make the most of wherever life takes them. I hope in some way he can see how well they are doing and that it gives him some peace of mind and comfort. Look at this smile from Jonah today (treats were involved!) - 

67768743_10157265479072412_1574220357114527744_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Hard to believe it is a year ago today since we lost you Duaneberry . Such a crazy year. We miss you big guy, your Jonah and Jesse are safe, happy and loved. You would definitely approve. Raising a glass to you today and remembering the good times. Issy and Alf send noseboofs,and Issy sends a love chomp or two to boot. Ha. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Sorry Coogie I only just saw this. Yesterday I played a couple of videos to Jonah where you could hear Duane calling to him. I started softly as I didn't want to upset him. He got up and looked out the back door but wasn't stressed or cying at all. Then he went out and lay in the sun, hopefully dreaming of his dad. It was interesting to reflect yesterday on how far he has come here. We are so glad he is in our lives and hope Duane looks down from time to time and sees both dogs are in the best situation for them.

On 14/04/2020 at 11:07 AM, Little Gifts said:

Sorry Coogie I only just saw this. Yesterday I played a couple of videos to Jonah where you could hear Duane calling to him. I started softly as I didn't want to upset him. He got up and looked out the back door but wasn't stressed or cying at all. Then he went out and lay in the sun, hopefully dreaming of his dad. It was interesting to reflect yesterday on how far he has come here. We are so glad he is in our lives and hope Duane looks down from time to time and sees both dogs are in the best situation for them.

Thanks LG, I was quite sad yesterday, but not about Jonah, he has the best life with you and D. Duane will be grinning from ear to ear at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for him and Jesse,( but not for a good long while hopefully) . I messaged Brody and Vic and heard back from them x

On 4/14/2020 at 11:07 AM, Little Gifts said:

Yesterday I played a couple of videos to Jonah where you could hear Duane calling to him. I started softly as I didn't want to upset him. He got up and looked out the back door but wasn't stressed or cying at all.

Awww  :love: