Best vacuum cleaner for pet hair?

We have a Numatic Henry, made in the UK, reliable as.  They are a small handy commercial jobbie, with full commercial use guarantee.  Love it.  Previously we have had Dyson,  Wertheim, other high-end vacs, Henry is good as any of them, better than most.

On 8/10/2017 at 8:50 AM, karen15 said:

a Wertheim with power head.

I now have mostly vinyl with rugs and love love love my Deebot robovac :) no more vacuuming for me

I'm on my second one of these.  The first lasted over 20 years.  The suction is so good that the carpet lifts and it vibrates as well, so all the loose dirt etc is out and sucked up in no time.

What's the budget?

Lots of high end vacs listed, but not everyone wants to justify a big handful of coin on a dust collector.. 

Vax power 5 pet - decent specced machine at a good price point. 

• Like 1

We have the V6 Hard floor cordless. It is great however our slate floors are rough on it. Also I am finding the pet and human hair becomes tangled in the head wheels etc. I would also love to hear about one in which doesn't become caught up in hair please.

The best one I have found is a Rowenta (cost about $200 4 years ago ) with a triangle shaped head - no power head or wheels for hair to get caught in.  It copes well with 30cm long Borzoi hair !!!

• Like 1

We've not looked back since we bought our Sauber Intelligence.

http://www.sauber.com.au/

We've had both barrel and upright Dyson and would never get another one. too many constantly breaking plastic parts and power heads dying.

Sauber leaves absolutely nothing behind, no hair at all. Power to spare, it's amazing. We love it...wish we could get the newer one now, but don't need to. It's just as efficient as when we bought it 4 years ago.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Freetoroam said:

Starkehre can you please tell me if you have utilized it on hard floors please? We have very unforgiving slate.

Cheers

Yep, sure have FTR, but not slate, sorry. I use it on ceramic tiles every time I vacuum and have used it on concrete. It is tough because it is not all plastic like most vacuums. Some parts of the motorhead are plastic, but extremely hardened, unlike the Dyson. The brushed roller is steel. There is a groove along it than I can run the knife along to remove all my hair out of it too ;)

1 hour ago, Starkehre said:

Yep, sure have FTR, but not slate, sorry. I use it on ceramic tiles every time I vacuum and have used it on concrete. It is tough because it is not all plastic like most vacuums. Some parts of the motorhead are plastic, but extremely hardened, unlike the Dyson. The brushed roller is steel. There is a groove along it than I can run the knife along to remove all my hair out of it too ;)

Sounds perfect for us. Those darn Dyson's are mainly plastic and not worth the money spent on them to be honest unless you are on carpet.

Will be adding a Sauber Intelligence to my wish list once our faulty new top loader is sorted :banghead:

• Like 1