Best vacuum cleaner for pet hair?

• 2 weeks later...

Miele cat and dog- works wonderfully both on tile/floating floorboards and rugs. Especially now it's coming to warmer weather with a fluffy lappie. :D 

I use it to quickly vaccum her bed mat too.  It's not too noisy and the bags are quick and easy to use. 

Hope that helps. 

• Like 1

I brought my Henry Hoover with me from the UK , was reasonable I thought ,lasted over 20 years !  When it died I bought the Dyson animal . Much better suction . However , power head died recently , constantly getting hair wound around it . I spend more time cleaning it ! New head seems less powerful . I'm a bit over Dyson tbh , thinking about trying the Vax stick . 

• Like 1

There's quality and there's also technique.

If you don't vacuum everyday (or even if you do), if you do a quick pick up of the visible / larger items and hair, you're going to save your rotating powerheads a lot of grief, save them from jamming up and scratching your floors, and leave them actually do the work they're intended for (which is to kick up additional dust to be sucked up).

Go over once without any rotating powerheads or wheels or brushes.

Go over again with the powerhead.

#BAM

#winningatvaccum

(I am totes a dog nerd with OCD tendencies...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I would not swap my Miele for any other brand, has the power head and the suction after almost 10 years is as good as it ever was.

Picks up every bit of hair that the dogs have dropped using the hard floor part of the head.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Is it possible to put prices that people paid. I am desperate for a new vac the one I have is useless, so much so I sweep instead of vaccing because it blocks ever few minutes even when I sweep.

I need a cost range for a good middle of the road one for polished floors and long dog hair.

1 hour ago, gillybob said:

Is it possible to put prices that people paid. I am desperate for a new vac the one I have is useless, so much so I sweep instead of vaccing because it blocks ever few minutes even when I sweep.

I need a cost range for a good middle of the road one for polished floors and long dog hair.

Gilly, we have a Vax (pet one I think) - $189 at Good Guys. I love the idea of a Miele or Dyson but the initial layout of $ is what gets me. 

I bought a 'pet' Volta vac, we only have one place in town to buy electric stuff, the one I got was just under $200 and is totally useless. The last one I go,t different brand but just as useless.

Blocks up constantly and has no suction and its not even 12 months old. Putting pet on them seems to add $100 to the price.

I have to travel to Inverell or Armidale to get another one. So next time I will make sure its the best I can afford.

gillybob if you're vacuuming on wooden floors I would recommend my canister style vacuum that I got from Godfreys.  It's one for tradies to use so have a look around and see what you can find in that type of range and it only cost $179.  It is awesome for my tiled sun room - picks up leaves, sticks, fur, dirt and all the other stuff the pup drags in.  It also does a very good job on the carpeted mats and scratching posts.

https://www.godfreys.com.au/work-hero-cd2-10l-commercial-vacuum 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 22/09/2017 at 3:44 PM, juice said:

I brought my Henry Hoover with me from the UK , was reasonable I thought ,lasted over 20 years !  When it died I bought the Dyson animal . Much better suction . However , power head died recently , constantly getting hair wound around it . I spend more time cleaning it ! New head seems less powerful like here https://www.10machines.com/best-vacuum-for-pet-hair/. I'm a bit over Dyson tbh , thinking about trying the Vax stick . 

Dyson are good but they are fairly expenisve. I am also thinking about changing my current vacuum. It's quite old and I am planning to upgrade one. BTW, how the Vax stick worked out for you? Did you get it or still planning to get one?

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Dyson Animal. There's also the Animal extra version which just means an extra head or so. For a handheld it's convenient and can also be converted to a smaller head attachment to use in the car/sofa etc. They are reduced for the V6 model at Big W etc and on eBay sometimes you can get a further 20% and click and collect from Myers/TGG/Harvey Norman.

• 11 months later...
On 5/3/2018 at 6:55 PM, Elton Scholten said:

Dyson are good but they are fairly expenisve. I am also thinking about changing my current vacuum. It's quite old and I am planning to upgrade one. BTW, how the Vax stick worked out for you? Did you get it or still planning to get one?

I bought a Shark Navigator Pro last December, and it's supposedly comparable to the Dysons. We have three shedding dogs in our house, so stick wasn't an option. We have mostly hardwood floors and the carpet that we do have (in bedrooms) will gradually be phased out. We also have a roomba, and I'll tell you why. The Shark is several years old, but it's suction is stronger than the roomba's, so it cleans more thoroughly. It's sort of like dusting - gets up surface dirt/pet hair and makes the carpet look nice.

I have a Miele Cat & Dog and I'm happy with it. It's very powerful and has a turbohead with a beater bar that should be good with dog fur. My dog doesn't really drop hairs so I'm not sure. It also has a quiet mode that's pretty quiet. I looked up the price and saw it for $499.

Edited by MathieuX

• 1 month later...

Another vote for dyson.  I used to get just the regular handhold vacumn cleaners from target many many years ago.  Thy are cheap but lose their sunction very quickly.  Once i switched to dyson, never looked back.  I've had mine for i think 7 years and still sunction is powerful.  Worth the money in my opinion.  You don't need to get the latest model, even the old models do the job (as i said, mine is 7 years old and its an obsolete model), there are a few times I've seen the older models on sale for more than half the original price.