Best vacuum cleaner for pet hair?

We have a vacuum repair business and the amount of blockages because the owner didn't empty the bag, replace the filter or sucked up totally inappropriate stuff that should never be sucked up is amazing.  A simple clean goes a long way.  Husband also sold vacuums for many years and we have been pet owners forever, so the best type of vacuum for deep cleans is one with a powerhead and with a bag - emptied frequently.  I also have a stick Dyson which is very handy for quick cleanups but empty that after every use and wash out as needed.

• 1 year later...
On 18/05/2018 at 11:52 PM, jenguyen said:

I have the Dyson Animal. There's also the Animal extra version which just means an extra head or so. For a handheld it's convenient and can also be converted to a smaller head attachment to use in the car/sofa etc. They are reduced for the V6 model at Big W etc and on eBay sometimes you can get a further 20% and click and collect from Myers/TGG/Harvey Norman.

Dyson one is literally the coolest if you have pets at home

On 22/09/2017 at 8:44 PM, juice said:

I brought my Henry Hoover with me from the UK , ....  When it died I bought the Dyson animal . .. thinking about trying the Vax stick . 

We have had Dysons (not the Animal, earlier models) and just too many filter/head niggle problems.  But still have my Henry Junior (made in the UK) which is now between 15-20 years old.  Still does a great job, hair and the works.  If I need to replace it will be with another Henry, love them.  Better warranty/guarantee than most as well.

https://myhenry.com.au/products/henry-home?variant=30936982814813