9.5 month old woof

KobiD

Thanks.

I'm not fond of black dogs, and neither is the other half. She and I don't know why we got one.. 

Has a nice coat. It's actually got a very little brindle undertone through it. You only really see it when the light hits her a certain way and it shines a soft brown. Her sibling was pure black with a white tipped tail. 

• 9 months later...

She is just lovely :)  I have a very soft spot for black dogs ...and with those contrasty eyes, she's really noticeable.  The beauty of finding the right dog is that often, as with humans, hair colour ends up unimportant !!  LOL 

• Like 1

I know its against forum rules to speculate what breeds a dog may be.. but even 1.5years in I've still got no idea... Sometimes she looks a bit like a lab.. sometimes she looks like a staffy/bully breed and her then the lean leggy body looks a little whippet/grey-ish as well. Real mixed basket. Personality wise is just as much a guess. She lazes around most the day, but when she's excited she has energy for days. Lots of drive when she's after something, and a hard nature... doesn't cower or shy away from anything. A little too playful with some kids, but just perfect once the initial excitement has passed. Plays calm with them, but a bit rougher with me. She's taught me as much about patience as she's also had to learn!

Based only on her look, I see kelpie, cattle dog, and some bull breed in the mix... most likely she's from some generations worth of mixed breeding, so more than one or two types in there...

She is gorgeous! And those eyes... *melt*

T.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tdierikx said:

Based only on her look, I see kelpie, cattle dog, and some bull breed in the mix... most likely she's from some generations worth of mixed breeding, so more than one or two types in there...

She is gorgeous! And those eyes... *melt*

T.

Without a doubt!!

Have had all those mentioned by people.. I haven't entertained DNA testing for that reason too. It'd be no surprised finding out she has a mix of mixes, and at the end of the day she is what she is. 

She has definitely got some drive about her. Likes to head things off when she's chasing.. Not a much of a heel nipper. She can jump!!! Not uncommon for her to fly past at head height. And a very keen nose as well. Loves to hunt by scent and sight. EXTREMELY food driven.. not big on touch/cuddles, but will lay on your lap with a toy when she's in the right mood for a snuggle. A real thinker.. loves to offer up behaviours in the pursuit of something edible. 

EDIT: she'll retreive, but isn't obsessed about it. Loves to lug and tug off a rope... but not as much as she loves food! 

Edited by KobiD

I don't think there would be enough of any particular breed in the mix that would be exerting dominance in traits... best advice I can give is to focus on her as the gorgeous individual she is, rather than trying to pigeon-hole her into any particular "category" of traits that she may or may not actually have.

DNA tests are dodgy at best... and mostly just a waste of good money that would be better spent on toys and stuff for the dog in question... *grin*

If anyone asks what "breed" she might be, just say she's an "extremely rare cuddlehound"... hehe!

T.

I just say she's an unknown mutt :laugh: :laugh: a black dog!! 

Given where we live good chance she's someones mixed breed pig hunting dog crossed with another or another mix. Just use her as a family dog here though!