Henschke - Possible Cancer

Hi all. A lot of you know that I have been blessed with owning and loving two Field Spaniels.  One the boofhead Henschke and the other my heart dog, Jindi.

last year, Henschke had a lump removed which turned out to be just a cyst.  This year, another lump has shown up and for some stupid reason we thought we'd do the 'watch and see'. His groomer who's also a vet nurse thought it was just another cyst so we weren't worried about it.  6 weeks later, she's seen him again and says it's changed so my husband took him to the vet on Friday.

he did an FNA and said that the results showed abnormalities, that he said could be cancer, so he's booked in for surgery this coming Thursday.  He doesn't want to wait because of the size of it and because it's changed. Before it was soft and squishy which is why I thought it was a cyst, but now it's harder, there is no hair over it and it's quite ugly. The vet is quite concerned and is so nice (we've been going to him for 9 years), he didn't charge for the consultation.

i have to admit, I'm a bloody fool for waiting.

my husband loves, loves this dog and is just devastated.  I keep telling him not to worry until we know for sure.

next week we find out the results.

please keep your fingers, toes and paws crossed for us.

Poochmad.

Edited by poochmad
Oops, Thursday for surgery, not Wednesday.

Thank you.

surgery is Thursday, but we're dropping him off tomorrow night as they are doing the surgery first thing.

will be weird not having him around, even for one night.

it will be interesting to see how Jindi copes.