Miss Em Is Having Babies Too!

My dear Em is due on the 11th September....mated to a lovely dog called Monty....bless his heart it was his first time so I ended up doing 3 x prog tests and 3 x 4 hour round trips to make it happen...the first time Em was disinterested in his teenage efforts at romance, the second time I took him to a repro vet for a fresh AI and the third time - well, let's just say he still couldn't figure out which end was which but by the time I left he thought he was God's Gift to Springer Spaniels. Em was just pleased he finally got it together :rofl: 

Here's my girl with just over 2 weeks to go...we have a count of 5 at the 4 week ultrasound.

36051322183_eb7a4e1a55_n.jpg

36025648264_ea0a68e14a_n.jpg

36860193455_f24d9e35ba_n.jpg

But it's situation normal at the House of Thornfield...

36025646244_6b256196bd_n.jpg

Edited by The Spotted Devil
  • Like 16

4 minutes ago, Papillon Kisses said:

Your description. :rofl: 

:laugh: Trust me I'm not even beginning to exaggerate! I popped the pair of them in the back of my car to take them to the vet for the AI and Monty spent the whole trip just staring at Em :love: and BARKING :rofl: I told him to shut the hell up because if it was annoying me it was sure as heck annoying her!!! Oh and then the vet, nurse and me (all women) trying to collect Monty who kept getting stage fright :rofl:

The funniest bit was when I finally got the natural mating, the owner's (adorable) primary school kids wanted to know what Monty was up to. My response? "Ask your Mum!" :laugh: 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, The Spotted Devil said:

But it's situation normal at the House of Thornfield...

36025646244_6b256196bd_n.jpg

Not a poor, cat bashed Dally to be seen :eek:

PS - this thread legitimately made me laugh out loud. Just what I needed tonight. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Roova said:

Hahaha, you have a great way with words!

Congrats to you and Em.

Will you be raising them via puppy culture? 

Haha thanks - I was giving my puppy people an update and they were all just loving it. I'm not a strictly Puppy Culture person but I do a heck of a lot of handling and enrichment! I might get the DVD to get some more ideas. 

22 minutes ago, Scrappi&Monty said:

Haha congrats after all that! :laugh: 

He has a great name though haha ;)

Cant wait for gorgeous puppy pics! :love:

Thanks! It was such a relief to do that first ultrasound :laugh: Hahahaha yes a cracking name. And he is SUCH a darling. 

15 minutes ago, Scottsmum said:

Not a poor, cat bashed Dally to be seen :eek:

PS - this thread legitimately made me laugh out loud. Just what I needed tonight. 

Yeah poor Zig has a tough life :laugh:

Happy to oblige @Scottsmum :) 

• Like 4

It has been SO cold up here in the hills! This is everyone snuggling on my lap yesterday....Ginny on the left, Em on the right with Dizzy and Lilly grabbing space the middle. Zig had prime position in front of the fire @Scottsmum :laugh: 

36736380372_089f71b5d4_n.jpg

Mama Bear was over heating so lay on the slate floor to cool down...look at that spread!

36098803143_a353f013ee_n.jpg

Edited by The Spotted Devil
  • Like 7

17 minutes ago, The Spotted Devil said:

It has been SO cold up here in the hills! This is everyone snuggling on my lap yesterday....Ginny on the left, Em on the right with Dizzy and Lilly grabbing space the middle. Zig had prime position in front of the fire @Scottsmum :laugh: 

Mama Bear was over heating so lay on the slate floor to cool down...look at that spread!

36098803143_a353f013ee_n.jpg

So... a 3 dog (and 2 cat) night?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mackiemad said:

Are you planning on keeping any pups from this litter? A boy, perchance? Or does zig need another girl for his harem? :laugh:

I'd love to but it's just not practical. Ginny is 2 and her training is so behind because I've been injured since Oct 2015. I haven't gone full time at work for the same reason although my boss wants me to ASAP.

I'd really like to put a bitch out on breeders terms but the two people who want bitches are interstate. Both of them have travelled to meet me of course. I'll see what the gender balance is too. Two Melbourne couples would prefer a boy but would take a bitch so I can always chat to them when decision time comes. So I haven't committed the 5th puppy (provided numbers are right) but I have a few people interested - however I haven't met them as yet and I would consider running the pick girl on and waiting for the right home. It gets very complicated!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Spotted Devil said:

Thank goodness he's finally being looked after :rofl:

• Like 2