Farewell my beautiful happy girl

Boronia

Last week Saffy went to Dog-Heaven.

She is just not here anymore and the space she took up is just empty of her happiness. We fought that bloody cancer but it beat us in the end.

She had fried egg and yogurt  for breakfast and on the way to her favourite treat-giving vet we stopped off and took a walk on the beach where she barked at a slow-moving ibis and a fat Caviler.

She ripped into the dish of dried liver treats at the vets, then we had cuddles and eye-strokes while she just went away to a place where her head didn't hurt any more.

I miss your little tail stuck up when you are in your full-of-yourself-I'm-guarding-the-house mode, your poking your nose into everyone's business and your paw on my arm reminder that we haven't finished your ear scratches yet.

It is so empty here.

Henry is missing following you, he is having trouble thinking for himself.

Enjoy your time with Penny, Mac and Daisy as well as WM's Mac, DDD's little Red dog and all the other neat besties that have gone from here

xxx from your Sad Hooman

59a5d94fab2e2_Screenshotfrom2017-08-3007-14-13.thumb.png.c2588c0be7c77306ff2e863186e68bbf.png

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear Saffy has left.  What a lovely tribute you have written, Boronia.  The empty space is always there, but it hurts a little less as time goes on.

Fly high with the Angels, sweet Saffy - my Stella would like to play with you.  :)

• Like 2

Oh no!!  :cry::cry:.  I am so sorry to read this, Boronia.  You gave her such a lovely last morning let alone a wonderful life.  I do so hope that she and my Little Red dog and all the others are romping in full health and happiness somewhere.  

Take care and time, knowing there will be a time when you will smile at all the wonderful memories and they will fill the emptiness.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks WM and thanks to everyone for your kind words, your understanding helps so much.

Last Sunday I drove past the turn-off to the little beach where I took her for her last walk, I had this awful wave of grief; for Saffy as well as Pen, Mac and Daisy.

They are forever in our hearts