Need dog food advice

Cat

Hi

i have tried several different foods for my dogs over the years.  The airedale had a cast iron stomach and could eat anything and be fine but the shar pei would often have skin issues. 

I have recently changed them from VIP Grain free chicken and duck and vegetables to Meals for Mutts Turkey and Duck grain free. http://www.mealsformutts.com.au/dog_duck_turkey_grain_free.html The meals for mutts seems to me to be far superior. 

The Shar Pei's skin is fantastic but now the Airedale has skin problems :(:banghead: he has had turkey before without issue.  The only thing i can think it would be might be the lentils. Im not sure that that has been in anything before.  Is this a common allergen or might 30% protein be too much for a dog nearly ten?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else i could try ?  Not sure that im ready/ have the time and brain power to go full raw. 

We use to feed Ivory coat but started to have issues and the fact they add coconut oil to some of the varieties is a pain ,I have a dog that can not to.erate it .

I would just buy the two brands and feed each what suits 

• Like 1

Yeah I'd also just buy the 2 brands and feed each dog what suits them. 

MfM is really good, but unfortunately we also had issues with it when we used it for our dogs, each dog is different. :) 

I've used VIP from woolies previously and that worked ok for us. We've also tried Applaws when Mo was a puppy which was pretty good. 

Ours seem to do best on Black Hawk or Savourlife, so we stick to that usually. 

• Like 1