The Living Room. Channel 10 7.30 22nd Sept.

asal

So Excited 11 purebred cattle puppies will be taking over the set with Chris Brown and Amanda Keller.

awesome advertising for purebred puppies eh.

A great segment not to be missed as he discusses the dangers of snails and slugs to your dog and how to protect your dog

Chris brown on the set of The Living Room channel 10.jpg

chris brown and Azrar puppy.jpg

• Like 3

Just learned tonight this parasite can kill people?  My neighbour's husband was an orthopaedic surgeon and he pointed to a beautiful boy and told her, he would die soon. he had been dared to eat a slug. the parasite destroyed his brain.

A friend who is a vet, sent me this.

"Horses too , Angiostrongylus cantonensis - the rat lungworm. There are oftern small snails in water troughs and they can carry it too, foals and young horses more frequently affected than adults. And Humans I believe. Take home message - no slugs or snails in the diet, at least not uncooked! https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/angiostrongylus/index.html

Education and information about Angiostrongyliasis, Angiostrongylus cantonensis, Angiostrongylus costaricensis, eosinophilic gastroenteritis, and eosinophilic meningitis including information on prevention and control, epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment, and resources for health professionals."
CDC.GOV "

Edited by asal

• 2 weeks later...

No for sure it's not only dogs - snail parasites cause bilharzia in people just with contact, not eating them.  Friend contracted it in Kenya, wading in Lake Victoria for some reason - which is full of freshwater snails.  Cystitis, dreadful disease, central nervous system affected, he was near death.  (Recovered fully, one of the very lucky ones).