Little Dogs and Bones

Loving my Oldies

3 hours ago, The Spotted Devil said:

Yes, you are right. My problem is that I don't have enough newspapers! 

Dizzy likes his new title by the way lol...does being a perm foster from 12 weeks old count?

By the way, I hope you didn't take my original post as being serious - I was joking because I have a foster failure. 

LOL of course I knew you were joking.  Dizzy doesn’t care what he is called so long as he is with you.   :thumbsup:  Tamar and Jeune are foster failures from 2004 and 2003 respectively.  It will soon be 14 years since Jeune FFd and the pound had her down as three.  So she is coming up to 17 if they were right.  

I always have plenty of newspapers as we get a local weekly paper and as I walk around the neighbourhood with the dogs, I collect those that I know will just rot in the street  :laugh: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, persephone said:

jeune is very , ermmm, very lumpy ?   LOL 

LOL.  She used to climb under the bedclothes when I got up, but now she tends to want to climb under in the wee small hours.  We have a lovely little cuddle and then back to sleep.  When that photograph was taken, she was still under the bedcothes and I pulled them up to start making the bed just to see how long she would stay there.  She won :laugh: :laugh:

As for being lumpy, when I go into the bedroom and she is still buried, I call out, “Where’s lumpy pumpy?”  She wriggles around and slowly emerges with tail wagging.  

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, karen15 said:

Max as a 10week old, 2.5kg baby :) Bones are great!

eta trying out photo resizing app, bit grainy, but no need to use another program

plex_wp_edited_image.jpg

Yes!  Bones ARE great.   Gorgeous boy. 

The thing is with a program like Flickr (and previously Photobucket) is that the photographs remain as sharp as the originals.  I used to resize and so some of my photographs are of very poor quality :(

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dame Danny's Darling said:

Blimey - you have dinosaurs where you live ?? :laugh: :laugh:   

It's a cow shin bone. :) Butchers want to cut them for us, but I always say no. If they want marrow, they will have to work for it like nature intended. Kestrel can make a dent in these bones, but it takes her a long time. The bigger dogs have more jaw strength and make faster progress. Kestrel's favourite are pig trotters. We have to get them cut in half for her, but she can get through it. She also gets lamb breast, bits of chicken marylands, and parts of duck necks. And the odd lamb shank. She can handle anything the big dogs can, just takes her longer. 

• Like 3

I thought those photos of Jeun were my Tosca the Italian Greyhound :laugh: the bump is the same, who knows what monster is hiding under there.

:love: the photo with just the feet hanging out, hope she did not get chill blains.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Mjosa said:

I thought those photos of Jeun were my Tosca the Italian Greyhound :laugh: the bump is the same, who knows what monster is hiding under there.

:love: the photo with just the feet hanging out, hope she did not get chill blains.

I love just feet photos but my faves are just snoot (nose /snorkel) photos.

• Like 1