Basset pup on gumtree

juice

There is an 11 week old Basset pup on gumtree , they said they only picked it up a week ago . As it says parents are champion bloodlines and all heridtory testing done I thought it may well have come from a reg breeder rather than a Byb and the breeder may not be aware . 

They just changed the price from $3000 to $3500 . Anyone know anyone in Newcastle who breeds Bassets ? Still could be a Byb tho . 

:(    :mad Isn't there some rule on Gumtree about needing to quote registered breeder number to advertise a dog for more than $500.  Can you report it?    And it could also be a phishing thing.  Wrong on any level.

No idea how much Basset pups are normally , so no idea if they are trying to make money on the price they paid for it . Or it could well be a new puppy farm angle saying they have had it a week and it comes with all its bed etc too . 

I found it... some very broad claims indeed... "no future health issues"! Nobody can tell the future, plus it's a basset, they're prone to back/leg/eye/ear/wrinkle problems anyway. *sigh* 

Also they say "forget the British & French bulldogs with their overrated prices" (meanwhile they're selling the pup for $3500! :eek:)

Wonder why a good breeder would've sold it to a family with kids who weren't comfortable with the pet?

Why wouldn't the seller try to teach his daughter how to be safe and comfortable around dogs? I was terrified of dogs as a child, but here I am! :laugh:

Has anyone contacted the seller to let them know they should return pup to breeder? (If it's a quality breeder) 

Edited by Scrappi&Monty

Seeing as the ad is posted word for word twice... and has some glaring spelling/grammar issues...and the photos are of adult dogs, and other coloured dogs... I'd say it was a scam ad...

T.

Edited by tdierikx
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, gillybob said:

How could any one be frightened of a puppy? Its just and excuse to resell and make money. I wonder if the breeder even knows. Bassets arnt common.

Poor little thing.

easy. The daughter of friends was terrified of dogs. Screamed blue murder when my 8 week old GSD pup ran towards her. Her parents thoughts, well it's an Alsation, what do you expect. <rolly eye man> They bought a lab pup not long after, because she'll love that right? Dog ended up in the pound, totally wild, no training whatsoever, daughter still terrified of dogs

• Like 1