6 months on ..............

Kazm

DSCN0803.thumb.JPG.ff7fab5e59b185aafbfdd30c729fe566.JPGDSCN1001.thumb.JPG.1768036b5f028b32504c450c9f55f6c7.JPGDSCN1799.thumb.JPG.c42bc4b922ca78dd1a6def4b34eb2557.JPGDSCN1764.thumb.JPG.9e662c80d3f565a402c370a27f655ac1.JPGDSCN0629.thumb.JPG.60d3cc4aad2189d0ea1b9b0308749824.JPGDSCN0775.thumb.JPG.69da79e50680acf1b2341e7ef02a5de7.JPG20151208_103048.thumb.jpg.3f2aefb88c46823e5f6eaecda54676be.jpg

It has now been 6 months since saying goodbye to our Zena. To us it still feels like yesterday. The tears, pain and extreme hurt are all still there. Not a day goes by without thinking of her. Actually she is my first and last thought for each day.  Some people might think us strange but for us she was just that kind of dog. She had such an awesome personality. Feisty and such a little go getter but also so gentle and very loving. She had quite the knack of doing something each day to make me laugh. She could easily brighten the gloomiest of days. She loved life and lived it to the fullest and it hurts that life ended up being so cruel to her, giving her this insidious disease. We wish we could have done more for her but..... This little girl was so intelligent and seemed to have a lot of human characteristics. She had this very quirky grin that she used in circumstances that would be used by humans not by a dog. For example many a time when Molly was a wee pup and would do something silly I would say to Zena, "what a dummy Molly is" and she would give this huge grin. Too many examples like that to write about. And of course every afternoon when "Dad" come home from work naturally he'd get the biggest grin of all. She loved her Dad and would hover waiting for him to sit on the lounge and without a doubt seconds later she'd be up by his side. She also seemed to know when the weekends were here as she would pester just him in the kitchen for a biscuit treat. Only from him and only on a Saturday and Sunday. So many stories of how smart she was. I could go on forever. She loved going in the car, boat, camping, going for walks and meeting people. She was a little social butterfly. Everyone  loved her and she loved everyone right back. She became a mum at 3 years and produced 13 pups over a period of time.She was an excellent mum and loved her puppies. We kept our Molly from her first litter and Zena was never cross with her. In my opinion she was way to soft and let Molly get away with way too  much. I have seen Molly grab a bone right out of Zena's mouth. Zena would let her take it but it was me who would rouse at Molly. I always called Zena my sun goddess as she loved nothing better than sitting in the morning sun on our balcony watching the world go by and barking out a hello to any passer byers or laying on the grass "legs up" soaking up the suns rays. She was just adorable. 

6 months without her and the house still doesn't feel right. I see her and her wiggling butt everywhere. I know in spirit she is still with us but I'd really just love one more cuddle. What more can I say.We loved you Zena and hope you are now at peace. One day I believe we'll all be together again.

Love my Zeeny Weeny.

• Like 2

What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl, it is just so hard to get over losing such a dog, i lost one of my heart dogs six years ago and I still weep from time to time, he was like your Zena, almost human and always the first to my side if he knew that I was upset. bless them both.:kissbetter::grouphug:

• Like 1