Lymphoma

just jude

My nearly 12 year old blue heeler has been diagnosed with Lymphoma. The  vet has prescribed Macrolone tablets for her. I am unsure if  i am doing the right thing for her by giving them to her or if i should just let nature take its course. She seems fine,  and does not appear to be in any discomfort. Either way I am told her time is limited. I just feel that i am buying her [or is it for me] more time. I have no idea how long she has had this, and only found out last week as she had an eye infection so i took her for a check up. Has anyone else had any experience with this. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Edited by just jude

We lost our little girl to cancer earlier this year. I say give her and you as much time as possible but with her best interests  at heart. We helped our girl with pain management, it was our only option although most of the time you would have thought nothing was wrong with her. We knew when enough was enough as you will. Just enjoy all the time with her as possible. Good luck.

• Like 1

My 15.25 year old BC girl was diagnosed with Lymphoma back in February.   Prednisolone shrank the lymph glands for a week, so bought me at least that much time.   I saw no ill effects from the steroid but as my vet says, it's a one-off effect.   The glands gradually came back up again, although thankfully she didn't seem to have pain.  She did have some little collapse episodes  (like partial absent seizures, which became more frequent, but was eating and happy enough, although getting tired, until the last evening   Dr Google says average 1-2 months with no specific chemo treatment .. I got a good 6 weeks, with a quietly comfortable and apparently happy old girl.    See how many of her favourite things you can fit in.   It's not easy .. but it's certainly not the worst way to go.   My old girl also had underlying early stage kidney disease .. asymptomatic at that stage  ... and that would have been worse, I believe.

• Like 1