17 week silky puppy deaf or lazy?

SA Fur Mum

1 hour ago, Dogsfevr said:

There are 2 clinics that test in SA Adelaide Plains I think it’s called Noah’s Crossing  out two Wells way .

thanks for that. I'm in Adelaide Hills. Two wells is quite far. I'll keep researching. Have also asked my vet (via fb) 

BAER testing is not a normal service you will have to travel to get in done ,generally only a handful of places do it in each state so your not going to have a great deal of options & the hills to Two wells area isn't that far .

The Uni may offer it  or the dermatology section at a referral vet but i would be comparing prices

I had to fly east to get my dog done so your lucky to have the service available with a drive .

• Like 4

I think it is also worth keeping in mind that, no matter how good a breeder is (or isn't), sometimes sh!t happens and you end up with a less then perfect puppy. That's Mother Nature playing with us. To me, if your pup does turn out deaf, and it's a breed not known for having hearing problems then that's a shame but life goes on. If the pup is deaf because of an untreated ear infection I would be livid and most certainly would want purchase price refunded. IF it could be proved that's what happened of course.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Rebanne said:

I think it is also worth keeping in mind that, no matter how good a breeder is (or isn't), sometimes sh!t happens and you end up with a less then perfect puppy. That's Mother Nature playing with us. To me, if your pup does turn out deaf, and it's a breed not known for having hearing problems then that's a shame but life goes on. If the pup is deaf because of an untreated ear infection I would be livid and most certainly would want purchase price refunded. IF it could be proved that's what happened of course.

I agree, its not the end of the world. Any BAER is the last option. She shows signs that she can hear (or feel vibrations) but also doesn't show signs. I just need to know. 

Thank you everyone for all your advice. I quite like this dog/puppy community :) 

• Like 4