Dementia assistance dogs

DogsAndTheMob

This is way we need to get back acceptance of pets in a household, they have been assistance providers for thousands of years.

so many places do not allow pets anymore. 

more's the pity.

Edited by asal
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, asal said:

This is way we need to get back acceptance of pets in a household, they have been assistance providers for thousands of years.

so many places do not allow pets anymore. 

more's the pity.

YES!!!
there was a very good reason why the swaggies/alcoholics/ knobby-knee'd kids /widows,  of years gone by usually had dogs .Those dogs were a part of life ..they provided different things to their owners, depending . 

Back when The Boss & I were quite young, we had a yellow lab . She used to always 'tell on us' , if we went somewhere/did something  wrong/not safe - she'd race off & tell Mum .........  *sigh* 

Edited by persephone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, persephone said:

YES!!!
there was a very good reason why the swaggies/alcoholics/ knobby-knee'd kids /widows,  of years gone by usually had dogs .Those dogs were a part of life ..they provided different things to their owners, depending . 

When I was in Sydney a year or so ago, I saw volunteers for a wonderful project supporting homeless people and their pets

Conversely, I have heard negative stories about retirement villages and false advertising of pet-friendly policies, although I'm not sure how true these stories are; it would be interesting to get feedback from other DOLers.

• Like 1