Fly away ears

Bob55

I was after some help if anyone could assist me.

I have a 5 month old rottweiler, whos ears are just starting to fly away, is it to late to fix?

Also, if it isn't to late to try and correct  could someone please offer their expert advice on how i could do this.

I have watched videos and tried to copy them, but i find that i have a puppy that wont sit still and when i do get the tape on he just rips it off.

Cheers for any help.

What Diva says, with my breed the French Bulldog, a baby baby puppy may have their ears up then at about six or seven weeks they start dropping their ears depending on which side is the most annoying during the teething process, by the time they are around five months old, I always say if the ears were up at the start they will come back up, the ears become erect again.

• Like 1

I agree that teething is a time when ears can go haywire. Most times they revert to pre-teething shape, but sometimes they don't.

The best way to learn to tape is to take your pup to a breeder/exhibitor near you and learn from them the first time. If that is not possible, there are a heap of videos on you tube.

LOL get some else to hold a treat for the pup to chew or lick while you are taping his ears - if he tears the tape off afterwards it is probably because it is too tight. Tape should be on firmly but not tightly. Leave tape on for a few days, then off for a few days. 

• Like 2