Beauceron Breeders

Rachael

Hey there,

By any chance does anyone know of a beauceron breeder in Australia in 2017? I fell in love with this breed a few years back in Canada and France (met them in both countries) and am now at a place I can finally responsibly own one! However I can't find anyone who has them. 

I am seriously considering importing from England or Canada if necessary.

Cheers.

There have been a few come into this country as family pets over the years, but I'm not aware of any breeding program. They are not currently recognised by the ANKC and their working style is apparently not really suited to Australian conditions (or because they are too big for quad? who knows).

A few years back I remember there was a breeder in NZ,  DogsNZ does recognise them,  I'm not sure if they are still being bred there, but you could contact DogsNZ and ask if any are currently registered.

There is/was Beau's in Vietnam as well so that might be something you could look at although I don't know anything about importing from there.

As an aside, the beau's herding is more like a droving dog than a border collie or kelpie which is why it isn't considered to be as good for work here and they also would be quite large for the quad XD

--Lhok

• Like 1

On 01/11/2017 at 2:00 AM, RuralPug said:

A few years back I remember there was a breeder in NZ,  DogsNZ does recognise them,  I'm not sure if they are still being bred there, but you could contact DogsNZ and ask if any are currently registered.

There's quite an active Facebook group you could ask. If there are any in NZ they're likely to know. 

Look for:

"pedigree dogs (nzkc registered) for sale in new zealand"

• Like 1

• 4 years later...