Hard decision, biting dog. *Updated*

Rascalmyshadow

20 hours ago, Little Gifts said:

I'm so sorry Rascal. Something is clearly wrong and her unpredictability is concerning. I hope the metacam makes a difference. We are all here for you and understand this is extremely difficult. We want the best for Claudia too. Hugs to you both.

Yes. Exactly this. Many hugs I know that this is such a trying time.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, PANDI-GIRL said:

Hi @Rascalmyshadow

How are you,  is Claudia doing well on  Metacam.

Hi thanks for asking, at this stage it's not looking good.

She did initially improve, started behaving more normally, was out of her crate more, back to interacting with everyone etc. however less than a week off antibiotics and the nasal discharge started again.

She's still on the Metacam however last night her behaviour suddenly became more erratic, she went for my daughter (toddler), tried to attack Hugo (poodle), I put my hand up and she bit my finger instead then just before bed she launched at my oldest cat who was sitting on my lap. None of which she was provoked.

For the first time ever she didn't come out of her crate for breakfast this morning, at first I thought she must have been locked in the loungeroom, I had to coax her out, and even then she reluctantly ate very slowly then ran back and hid in her crate.

Normally she is a guts and will eat anything, and fast.

I have to speak with the tommorow morning, we spoke on Tue but she wanted another update, after her sudden behaviour last night and this morning I no longer have much hope for a good outcome.

Edited by Rascalmyshadow
  • Sad 7

I'm so sorry for you and Claudia. This breaks my heart for you both. None of us would want this to be how it ends for our fur babies. Just remember something is wrong with her and she is unable to be the best dog she can be anymore. It may not be treatable or fixable and that is no-one's fault. I don't know why some beautiful dogs get the shitty end of the stick but there is a reason she came into your life - find it and hang on to it now. X

• Like 2

Just spoke with the vet, with the rapid changes we are now seeing in Claudia's behaviour she feels there is probably a tumour or legion in her brain or she's getting a build up of excess fluid.

Our only option left is high doses of cortisone but that will only buy us time if anything.

We start the cortisone on Sunday  unlesss it works wonders we will faced with having her PTS before Xmas.

• Sad 6