My boy Jasper

twodoggies2001

Please, keep him in your thoughts.  Jasper started having seizures from around 3 yrs old but not often.  He would have one and then go about 2 yrs without another one.  Yesterday, he started having cluster seizures so down to emergency we went.   By time I took him there around 8pm he had 5 lots but when he came out of them, you wouldn't know what he had been through.  Tail wagging but I must say he was more clingy than usual and panting.  I left him there so he could be monitered and they called me to say he was on a drip and heavily sedated because he had another seizure and wasn't responding to the medication.  He was also on oxygen.  They indicated that they would try to bring him around slowly and the discussion turned to if there was no improvement to let him go peacefully. 

This morning, I spoke with the vet and was told that they are slowly trying to bring him slowly and if successful would most likely need to stay 24 - 36 hours with them.  Also, MRI was mentioned to see if there was a tumor present but this could only be seen if it was reasonably sized. 

OMG, you wake up one day with what you believe to be a perfectly healthy dog and within hours he's in critical care and not certain of the future.

Sometimes life sucks and this is one of those times.

• Sad 5

Thank you all for your good wishes.  I broke down when I saw him on the hospital table connected to all the drips and machines.  He looked so vulnerable and beaten.  His breathing was very laboured because he had vomited and gone into his lungs.  (I'm sorry  I can't think of the correct term at the moment).  The vet said he had a lot of complications and his prognosis was not good.  I had no other choice but to let him go peacefully.  RIP my gorgeous friend and heart dog.  We will always love and remember you. 

• Sad 6

I am so, so sorry TwoDoggies. I am facing something similar with my heart girl too and it is terrifying. Plus we don't want our babies to go through something like this and to lose them in an emergency situation. It will take a while to come to terms with so go easy on yourself. :heart:

• Sad 1

Thanks all.  That's the only good thing about all of this.  My precious boy will no longer suffer through these very frightening seizures.  I know it's only very early days but I see him,  hear him and feel him by my side and around the house.  Today I took Elliot, his housemate to the park and I imagined seeing him there too.  I miss him so much and so does Elliot. 

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...