Pet door recommendations?

pdj

Hi Wiz,s Mum, we're Searching  for a pet door for a timber door, but our existing doors haven't held up to the punishment they receive from our Boxer. (Don't want to go back to being a doorman for her.)

Just seeing if someone knows of, or has a better quality door. 

Thanks for any help. 

10 hours ago, RuralPug said:

Although you may have tried other doors from the same company, this particular model claims to have a virtually unbreakable flap made of thermoplastic polyurenthane rather than the usual perspex.
Haven't tried it myself, to be honest.
Extra large aluminium framed dog door

Thanks for the recommendation, I have seen these doors in Bunnings, not a bad looking door. (plan B). I think we are limited here in Australia there seems to be some quality doors in the US and Europe, for example Security Boss and Plexidor pet doors. Might explore these and post back. 

• Like 1

Plexidor dog door it is, after a lot of time researching the door I have found a supplier in Australia. Hopefully this will solve our pet door dilemma.

Will post back once I have received and installed it..

• Like 2

Rural pug, that looks like the door I have. It's a soft plastic flap with metal locking plate to close it. Mine have never run flat out through it, but it's 6+ years old and still good. My dogs fit through the cat flat at my mums, so not as big as a bounding boxer :) I don't like the noise of the hard perspex ones like mum has. Mine is very quiet in comparison.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dame Danny's Darling said:

These doors would be big enough for a person to go through.  That would worry me :) :)

I would think a robber would have different thoughts once he stuck his head through the dog door to find our Boxer waiting for him...LOL.

But on a serious note that was one of the reasons I selected this door, it has a steel security plate that attaches to the inside plus a keyed lock, so if we are away I can seal it off. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pdj said:

I would think a robber would have different thoughts once he stuck his head through the dog door to find our Boxer waiting for him...LOL.

But on a serious note that was one of the reasons I selected this door, it has a steel security plate that attaches to the inside plus a keyed lock, so if we are away I can seal it off. 

Ha ha ha - I didn’t think of being greeted by a big dog on the inside.  But that security aspect sounds excellent.   :thumbsup:

Had the Plexidor dog door installed last week and at this stage we are very pleased with the high quality and look of the door. They have spring loaded solid panels so they return back to the closed position quietly, without the bang of the magnets connecting like our last door.

A little bit worried at first as our Boxer wouldn't go near it, but after a couple of days coaching her through she is back to her normal mad run around the back yard and full pelt through the door.

• Like 1