Difference between brand name dog beds (Snooza) vs. generic?

Gau

So Kuranda dog beds are available here but they don't have breathable fabrics available in Australia which is bad because my dog is wooly! In that case, the second option with airflow is Snooza.

For sizes, the Kuranda(Large) would be $140, the Snooza(Large/X-Large) would be about ~$100-120. I've seen generic "trampoline" ones like this Bone Designs(Large) for $80 or on Gumtree(X-Large) for $70.

So there's a difference in price for generic vs brand name. I think the main difference would be the warranty, for Snooza they have lifetime guarantee on flaws/defects I think and all their parts can be bought separately if it breaks. Otherwise, they all pretty much have the same design - and quality I assume should be pretty good for an otherwise plain design for that price.

Any thoughts? Worth just shelling out the extra money to get the Snooza?

Thanks

I think it depends on your dog, breed, age etc. And where you live too (climate).

Tramp beds have their benefits, but I don't personally think they're a good choice for an every day bed. Again, personally,  I think it's similar to sleeping on a hammock every day. I'd prefer a bed. 

7 hours ago, Scottsmum said:

I think it depends on your dog, breed, age etc. And where you live too (climate).

Tramp beds have their benefits, but I don't personally think they're a good choice for an every day bed. Again, personally,  I think it's similar to sleeping on a hammock every day. I'd prefer a bed. 

So dog is about 6, a wooly Husky and just in urban areas of Melbourne.

Just making sure, all those beds I've listed come under the "trampoline bed" right? That's what that style refers to?

6 hours ago, Jumabaar said:

My very fluffy Finnish Lapphunds all dislike trampoline beds and seek out fluffy beds to sleep on!

Their coat looks very similar to my wooly Husky however I believe mine has tried fluffy beds before and it becomes WAY too hot for him.. Winter it gets hot already in a bed like that, I can't imagine how summer would be - he is an outdoor dog by the way. That's why I believe airflow was important for him to have.

16 hours ago, Gau said:

Just making sure, all those beds I've listed come under the "trampoline bed" right? That's what that style refers to?

Yes. Quite right.  My bad for not checking properly. I was thrown, Snooza make a few different types of bed. 

We had a generic tramp for our guys, lasted years. Its actually still going strong on its 5th dog some 20 years later ( its been recovered a few times). I've also had a good aldi one for my smaller dogs. I think if your dog is past it's distruction phase a generic one is totally ok. 

10 hours ago, Rebanne said:

get a frame like this and cover it in shadecloth

Totally great, frugal idea! Shadecloth looks exactly like the material they use in the Snooza..

9 hours ago, The Spotted Devil said:

I’m a huge fan of the Snooza D1000. I buy a lot of dog beds!!! Some cheap, some not so much. I have two of the D1000 and one of them is about to encounter its sixth puppy! I sometimes take pups for friends for a few months in addition to my own so it’s had a fair pounding :laugh:

Unfortunately the Snooza D1000 is totally out of my price range.. Although I'm wondering how my wooly dog will cope with a bed that has no airflow!

5 hours ago, Scottsmum said:

I think if your dog is past it's distruction phase a generic one is totally ok. 

Definitely past the destruction phase. My biggest concern was how it would how up with his weight and all, probably around 25kg, haven't weighed him in a while. Thought maybe the bigger brands would be best in case the generic ones would bend etc.

25kg isn't heavy. I must have a generic version of the type of bed you're talking about. My staffy was 20-22kg and it lasted him 14 years. The cocker now sleeps on it and the mat is starting to tear, so I will be recovering with shade cloth. It's a nice clip on cover, but bought so long ago I doubt I'd find a replacement.

like you, I got it for airflow in our hot weather.