Opinions on new tinned raw food

Why can’t we just feed dogs what they’re meant to eat? The whole crazy dog feeding fad has been going on for years and just keeps on getting more crazy. I’ve since realised that it also invades the cat world. 

I thought the human diet thing was crazy enough, but now we also have to stress about feeding pets as well as ourselves. We’ve made it all far too complicated. 

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
On 19/11/2017 at 3:09 AM, Agota Jakutyte said:

Dear Sandgrubber,

I would like you to present one of the oldest theories about cancer which is official now. It was found by Noble prize Winner Dr. Otto H Warburg who has devoted his life to study the causes of cancer. It's called THE ROOT CAUSE OF CANCER .

As you know all normal cells have an absolute requirement for oxygen, but cancer cells can live without oxygen - a rule without exception. "Deprive a cell 35% of its oxygen for 48 hours and it may become cancerous." Dr. Warburg has made it clear that the root cause of cancer is oxygen deficiency, which creates an acidic state in the human body. So instead oxygen, the cancer cells fueled their growth by swallowing up enormous amounts of glucose (blood sugar) and breaking it down without oxygen. 

Warburg’s discovery, later named the Warburg effect, is estimated to occur in up to 80 percent of cancers. It is so fundamental to most cancers that a positron emission tomography (PET) scan, which has emerged as an important tool in the staging and diagnosis of cancer, works simply by revealing the places in the body where cells are consuming extra glucose. In many cases, the more glucose a tumor consumes, the worse a patient’s prognosis.

You can probably tell where I’m leading you.  Look at the picture below what happens if we reduce the amount of glucose in the body.

The FDG-PET scan.

5a105899558b1_ScreenShot2017-11-18at17_57_58.thumb.png.47cb448016d5717e33d74b4a419d3e9e.png

Another example.

You can see areas of the body where cells are using large amounts of glucose (areas that are metabolically active). 

5a1059bd58d7a_ScreenShot2017-11-18at18_01_13.thumb.png.bf23492db22bcb017b01642a3c3eaa0a.png

You can also find more here: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0036197

https://www.nature.com/articles/icb197954?foxtrotcallback=true

HERE YOU CAN WATCH THE STUNNING RESULTS FROM OUR FRIENDS OF EPIDEMIX FOUNDATION ONLY ABOUT IMPACT FOR DOGS

With Love,

Agota

I’m sorry Agota, but a lot of what you have said here is not science and is not even true. Warburg discovered only that cancer cells show glucose respiration even when there is enough oxygen present for true respiration. It is a hypothesis formed in 1924 and while much study has been done on it in the last few years, then reasons why have not really been decided on. 

• Like 3