Itchie staffy

Hi, I have my best mate suffering with itchy skin, he’s 2 1/2 years old,  I feed him raw meat both Lamb & beef, lamb neck bones as well as Blackhawk dry food which he graises on, I also give him a little of what I’m having for dinner.

The itchy skin only started about 3 months ago, under his front leg he’s developed a sore from scratching that I discovered last night and I’m heading to his vet this morning.

I read online about a cure from a site called “Albert Moons” and the product is “daisy oil” for itchy dogs, wondering if anyone has tried this remedy

Diet seems like it shouldn’t be triggering it, that’s a pretty good diet I think. (That’s what we feed ours, seems to keep itches at bay) 

Probably allergies to some environmental factor (like grass) from being Spring. Your vet will be able to give you something for that if it’s the case. Our dog used to get spring allergies and vet prescribed Prednisol, which worked a bit the first time, but the second year it made him really glum and stressy and he had withdrawals. :( So we stopped that but now we don’t seem to need it anymore.

I would try the holy coconut oil, it fixes everything that stuff! :laugh:

Our dog had Flea Allergy Dermatitis, the Flea meds weren’t working properly and even though we didn’t see any fleas he’d been bitten a few times and was really allergic to the saliva. We swapped to Advantage, and used coconut oil with a good diet and that worked wonders.

We gave 1tsp a day orally, and you can use it softened/melted topically as an ointment too.