Help needed

Undershot

1 hour ago, persephone said:

jeepers. :( 

I am sorry  you didn't notice the red flags flying all round this info/statement  if accurate . 
and , forgive me if i seem naive ..however , flying /importing a dog  with an undiagnosed cough  seems unwise ... 

I wish you some sort of resolution ...and an eventual start to  a breeding program .

Thank you. XO yes I agree. This is a huge mess. It doesn't help that the breeder isn't EVEN attempting to rectify the situation. If it were me, I would be doing everything possible. They aren't even attempting to put the fire out, they are ignoring it. Not good for their reputation. :confused:

19 minutes ago, Undershot said:

Thank you. XO yes I agree. This is a huge mess. It doesn't help that the breeder isn't EVEN attempting to rectify the situation. If it were me, I would be doing everything possible. They aren't even attempting to put the fire out, they are ignoring it. Not good for their reputation. :confused:

here's hoping , hey ?       ..... 

if you've spent $40k already and have financial strain, to pursue legally will just be adding costs. I'm not sure how a non resident would go about using small claims court. For $40k I am pretty sure you're over the limit anyway. An option may be one of those no win no pay lawyers eg Trilby Misso, Maurice Blackburn etc that way no extra cost to you, breeder gets taken to court and you may get a bit of money back. On the face of it, you have evidence that the dogs aren't fit for purpose (based solely on what you've said, not a legal opinion) so they may be happy to represent you. Just be prepared to send the dogs back.

• Like 3

There are so many questions that this story would raise... How on earth this dog got a health check to be exported overseas... why on earth you would pay such a huge price for a dog without running more checks..... etc etc etc.... 
I think there is much more to the story than we are hearing (there is often more than one side to a story)... and I don't think this poster should be asking anyone here for info or advice.... this is WAY BEYOND the scope of us HOBBY BREEDERS.

You have obviously purchased dogs for breeding on a commercial basis in another country

• Like 2

17 hours ago, alpha bet said:

There are so many questions that this story would raise... How on earth this dog got a health check to be exported overseas... why on earth you would pay such a huge price for a dog without running more checks..... etc etc etc.... 
I think there is much more to the story than we are hearing (there is often more than one side to a story)... and I don't think this poster should be asking anyone here for info or advice.... this is WAY BEYOND the scope of us HOBBY BREEDERS.

You have obviously purchased dogs for breeding on a commercial basis in another country

Yes, I understand that. Aqis only issues a health certificate. That is basically vitals and vaccinations. The tests that these dogs needed were requested. I purchased a perfectly healthy dog from them 9 years before. I believed them to be reputable, so no matter what there is a level of trust that is placed when purchasing an animal, and the level of intentional neglect and misrepresentation is reprehensible. I have received wonderful advice, as I do not live in Australia, and processes are a lot different there as compared to where I am. I had hoped to also be able to help prevent anyone else from going through what I am right now, as if the first one with respiratory issues wasn't bad enough I now have a 7 month old puppy with kidney disease, and evidence that they knew. So forgive me, but I am furious, as Consumer Affairs hasn't helped, I have notified every single body that I can try to find, and am still waiting to hear. 

And, I purchased these dogs to start a small line, not to breed on a commercial basis. 

• Sad 2

20 hours ago, alpha bet said:

There are so many questions that this story would raise... How on earth this dog got a health check to be exported overseas...

Admittedly he was desexed & 13ish so not exported for commercial or breeding reasons - but export health check Aus to Nz for us / Scottie was literally certifiying he was parasite & disease free (wormed, de-fleaed within 10 days of & again 24 hours leaving & vaccinated within 12 months of departure - i think from memory.) Not a strenuous process by any stretch 

• Like 2