Dog rubs face

JLJustice

Sounds like something's itchy or uncomfortable.  There are quite a few allergic issues around at the moment.    Anything to do with eyes, or possibly with eyes, earns a vet visit in my house.   Worth getting it checked so your pup can be more comfortable.

• Like 2

What breed do you have? If it is constant I'd get it checked by a vet. I have a shar pei and it is a breed prone to entropian. Even though mine has had surgery for it she still loves her eyes and face to be rubbed so as long as there is nothing medical, if your dog likes it too I wouldn't worry. But if he is doing it from discomfort there can be long term ramifications from ignoring it and not getting treatment.

• Like 2

My dogs will do it when they are happy, especially straight after a meal.  They will rub their face on the carpet mainly, but if they keep it up then I check cause in the past they have had a stick or a bone caught across their pallet.

Sometimes it's just for fun :) or to clean their face.

Sometimes it's allergens or food allergies. You usually get extra clues like weepy eyes, nasal discharge, patchy hair loss, scratching around the corner of the mouth or in the ears. 

Sometimes it's a foreign object, grass seed, ingrown eyelashes or manky tooth.  

If you are worried a vet checkup is always good. :) 

• Like 1