Flea and worm treatments

Daisys Mum

I’m sure we have had posts like this before but I’m not trawling through pages and pages :grimace:

In the last 12 months flea and worm treatments have got so expensive! I ussually buy from Petcircle but even their prices have gone up.

I have also used Budget pet products but they aren’t budget anymore... for 3 months worth I am paying nearly $110 for 2 dogs :( I guess it isn’t a lot when you look at it but it’s still exxy when you have to pay in one go.

What does everyone use these days ?

43 minutes ago, The Spotted Devil said:

I have been buying Sentinel Spectrum from Priceless Pets for years. Always the best price once you account for postage.  

I used to use them but they only do the 6 pack ...  I would get the 6 pack but with my trip back home to scatter my Dads ashes at Christmas it’s left me a bit skint. 

12 hours ago, ♦ Marg ♦ said:

Oh thanks for that ..  will have a look :)

Marg, Vet and Pet Direct have free shipping for orders over $50 and under 3kg so it may be worth your while to have a look.

FREE SHIPPING extended until Midnight Tonight!

http://mailchi.mp/vetnpetdirect/christmas-has-come-early-with-free-shipping-4-days-only-starts-now-99439?e=1a4e1210c7

19 hours ago, ♦ Marg ♦ said:

One is a 8 kg CKCS and the other one is a Kelpie at 17kg .. I have been using Sentinel , I have tried the spot on treatments but I find they aren’t as affective because I always end up with some of it in their coat and not their skin lol.

Half of any spot on I use usually ends up on the coat not the skin :laugh: but I don't use it that often as I don't have a flea problem here. I must admit I hardly ever use an all in one chew. I prefer to treat as needed and I find tablets are cheaper then chews. So I use valuheart for heartworm - 6 weekly, then advantage spot on 2 or 3 times a year for fleas, and a tablet for worming about 3 times a year. Maybe have a look around and see if you can get tablets cheaper.

I’m glad I’m not the only one :laugh: 

I have been thinking about not doing it monthly as they aren’t around other dogs that much .. it’s a hard habit to break lol.

I researched and Budget seemed to be the cheapest and they have free postage if you spend over $29.

4 hours ago, ♦ Marg ♦ said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one :laugh: 

I have been thinking about not doing it monthly as they aren’t around other dogs that much .. it’s a hard habit to break lol.

I researched and Budget seemed to be the cheapest and they have free postage if you spend over $29.

They actually have free shipping on most flea/tick/worm products with no limited spend.