Any ways to improve odds of pregnancy

bridgie_cat

Hello team, 

I have a 3.5yo bitch who I just adore and am starting to worry we will not get pups from her at this rate... Have planned to breed her the last 3 seasons - first one failed to get mating done - stud just not that interested. 2nd one matings all went well (same stud), but resorbed the litter between 4 and 5wks...  This season all lined up to do matings with different stud, looked like she came in, tested day 7 - and prog gone way high! (190nmol/L) Too high to do a mating.  Assume first part of season silent and we didnt realise she was ready to go.  Had stud dog here and all but he wasnt showing interest during the week either... my first experience of a silent season - sadly not the bitch i wanted to have a learn the hard way experience with! 

So - I will try again next season.  When she will be 4yo.  And I am very much worrying that things are just not going smoothly for this girl.  She is otherwise a very fit girl.  Is a massive flirt and was easy to breed on the season we got the timing right.  I had her on grain free salmon based food that time (canidae pure sea), and this time had her on Eukanuba 20/30.  

Thinking we will try sires on ice Boost Ya Girls before the next season (im told start about a month before she is expected?).  Obviously I will be watching her closely and ready to jump on a prog test if things are looking odd... Just wondering if anyone has any advice of what else I can try with her...  The resorb is obviously a worry and I dont know if that was bad luck or bad combination or infection or something else.  She did not get sick at all at the time.  Swabbed this season and all normal on cytology for what that is worth. 

Thanks for any words of wisdom as always! 

I had a girl who used to have a progesterone drop from around week 5 so she would get progesterone tablets every day till about day 59 or 60 - she carried the litters to full term and delivered naturally with this help. She lost her first litter at day 51 so hard to go through.

Also a lot of the grain free diets contain soy or flax or flax seed oil or pea products which are  phytoestrogens and can render some dogs very low or no   fertility - not recommended when breeding dogs. Google it its very interesting.  Also ran into a long term old breeder who told me she had been told by an old greyhound breeder to give your girls a quarter of a teaspoon of epsom salts a day  leading up to their season haven't tried it but cant do any harm.  

Good luck with it  I hope she produces puppies for you.  Silent seasons are a  pain - some girls keep themselves so clean you wouldn't know - I do  wet kleenex test every day leading up to when I think they should be in season.