Hermaphrodite pug puppy

Lulu

11 hours ago, juice said:

Agreed, however the breeder would have to pay for the surgery if they took the pup back and swapped it for another pup so why not pay towards it now?

It's simply the difference between spending money on a 'shit happens' situation with someone else's dog and spending it on your own dog. 
Would you expect a car manufacturer, for instance, to contribute towards your mechanical bills if their design or workmanship was not at fault? 
Would you expect your obstetrician to contribute to every childhood ailment that needed treatment if they had done their very best and had not injured the child at the birth in any way?

A breeder is willing to provide a new puppy, take back the old and spend whatever is necessary, so it is not about the money for the breeder. Simply, it is the principle at stake.  Western society seems to be heading towards the sue someone, blame someone else, don't accept responsibility for your own family when life sometimes sucks attitude, which is very sad.

• Like 4

i agree completely, however , its a pup , not an object,whose owner has got attached too, wouldn't it make more sense all round if the breeder was going to have to pay for surgery if it was returned, then try and rehome it , to just help now with costs? just seems more logical and everyone pays less, and the outcome is best for the dog too.

I don't think the breeder has any obligation to do anything at all, shit happens, but for the pups sake it would be the most logical solution.

1 hour ago, juice said:

i agree completely, however , its a pup , not an object,whose owner has got attached too, wouldn't it make more sense all round if the breeder was going to have to pay for surgery if it was returned, then try and rehome it , to just help now with costs? just seems more logical and everyone pays less, and the outcome is best for the dog too.

I don't think the breeder has any obligation to do anything at all, shit happens, but for the pups sake it would be the most logical solution.

No.It might make sense to you but not to a dedicated breeder.

Think about it - where does the "line of credit" stop?  a few hundred here. the odd thousand there? Never free to make your own decisions because someone else has "bonded" with the dog.?

It might sound harsh but I can assure you I am as dedicated to my dogs as anybody but if I hold the purse strings and am responsible for the pups'/dog's ultimate welfare, (directly or indirectly) then I take that responsibility seriously.

Sorry if I offend anyone.

• Like 3

I wouldn't be paying for someone else's sh!t happens. I've had enough with my own dogs. As a breeder I would contribute to a problem if I had caused it or contributed to it, failed to test when I should have etc but sh!t happens it just that and it's not my fault. Blame Mother Nature, she is the one who throws the curve balls. As I so rarely breed I couldn't offer a replacement puppy but I may have refunded purchase price even though there is no way known this particular problem was in any way my fault.

Edited by Rebanne