Sign in to follow this  
Eliza1996

Good morning

3 posts in this topic

Hey I'm new to the forum and just wanted to speak to likeminded people aboiut buying a puppy early next year. It will be my first dog I'm buying myself. Would love some guidance :) thinking of a dachshund 

Hi, and welcome to the forum. :wave:

Have a look Here for breed info on Dachshunds, and also a list of Dachshund breeders on DOL on this page if you scroll down Here.

Depending if you want smooth or long hair, wire haired, or Miniatures of all 3. 

Most breeders have a waiting list, but it's really important to buy from a registered ethical breeder who has done all the relevant health tests on the parents, as most breeds of dog are susceptible to different health conditions which can be hereditary. Daschies can be prone to spinal problems,  Progressive Retinal Atrophy (an eye disease that can lead to blindness) and Cushings.

Going through a registered recommended breeder who has tested the parents for these genetic faults , you are going to be getting a healthy pup, ongoing support etc.

There's also some great puppy training info on the forum, HERE and also HERE and one more, HERE

• Like 1