A bit of a win at work

karen15

We have a classified site just for work people - it's a big place. Yesterday someone put up a wanted ad for details of a reputable oodle breeder......

I know, I know. I wrote back asking why an oodle, and very nicely added some links for low shedding purebred dogs.

It's one of those things where you debate replying incase they end up offended and upset. They wrote back today thanking me for my input and saying they weren't aware of the purebred alternatives.

While finding links yesterday I saw a few pups of the cross they mentioned for $3500! I cannot believe the price of them. I did note when I replied today that my Westie was just under $2500 and has multiple champions in his pedigree. 

Hopefully they will rethink purchasing a designer dog. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Well done! So nice to hear that they hadn't swallowed wholesale the "hybrid vigour" or "non-shedding" theories.
Perhaps next time you can ask them to talk to some groomers first  -  oodles often need MORE at home grooming PLUS MORE FREQUENT salon visits than purebred poodles, bichons etc. to prevent the coat from matting at the skin. :(

Here is a photo of a typical oodle sent to a groomer, where the owners had only brushed the top coat and had not combed through to the skin every few days. This is the only way to remove the resulting matts, and the poor dog goes home looking like a plucked chicken.  Although the picture is of a dog in the US, I assure you that the same happens every day in Australia. :(
5a2fb02e2b56e_Oodleclip.thumb.jpg.8de4996a4da39efee70a15d801581365.jpg
For those who want to look at the text written by a groomer to explain the photo, you can find it on FB here  (and probably in several other places).

I'm not making this point against the dogs themselves, but against those cross breeders who avoid explaining their puppy buyers the actions needed to care for the coat.

Edited by RuralPug
Forgot the link
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1