6 month old gulping food without chewing

SamanthaC

On 16/12/2017 at 12:54 PM, karen15 said:

Wasn't the case in the pic Scrappi. I only got the cocker a month before the pup. I understand dogs can be food possessive / resource guard, which requires a totally different approach. But under normal circumstances I don't agree with not interfering while they eat. I believe you need to be able to approach them while eating and take what they're eating away from them without fuss. You never know when a kid will touch their bowl or bone or approach them while eating or someone will feed them something they shouldn't have. So I train them that food can be taken away, meals interrupted etc. They also know their bowls and know they cannot eat from the other dogs' bowl.

It sounds like the pup in the OP is settling and realising the other dog isn't going to take her food. It's only been 4 days. Unless an altercation is likely, if they were my dogs,  I'd continue to feed in my preferred manner. 

Yes, those things are certainly super important, I do that too :) 

I feed mine probably about 1.5m away from each other, and usually keep an eye on them, just because Scrappi is a bit slower. Monty knows not to steal Scrappi’s food, and vice versa but just in case.