Newfoundlands

Jazzyshepherd

Do you mean a hygroma? If so they are common in large heavy breeds, unsightly but not usually a threat to health. I am sure owners of such breeds on here can give you lots of tips to manage them. Maybe change the title of your thread to include hygromas to attract the right readers, as they are not just a Newfie issue. 

Edited by Diva

If you do mean hygromas my GSD had them from 10 weeks old. He had to have them aspirated frequently but they would fill back up. Eventually they surgically put 3 drains in each elbow for 3 weeks. He never had another one although the areas are unsightly. I tried everything I could to stop him sleeping on the tiles, including crating and a puppy pen but it appeared to be one of those things. There is a product called 'dogleggs' which I bought that is made of neoprene and protects the elbows.

https://www.dogleggs.com/standard-length-adjustable-dogleggs/

9 hours ago, bianca.a said:

. I tried everything I could to stop him sleeping on the tiles, including crating and a puppy pen but it appeared to be one of those things.

Dogs sleep on tiles because they are hot and tiles stay cool and draw out body heat.  Give the dog a surface that is cooler than tile and I'll bet you, the sleep spot will shift.

• Like 2