Dog left in hot car dies ...dog walker sends txt message

persephone

I don't think it was an accident at all. I think she left the dog there as she was late to get on her cruise. She's an utter scum bag and deserves jail time, a massive fine, her business ruined and to never be allowed near another animal for life.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Absolutely Rebanne.

Another issue is the totally poor piece of 'journalism'.  Like the car boot stupid terminology.  Like calling the poor woman's dog a "pooch".  We can do that between ourselves, but if my horse was killed horrifically and a news reported called him a "nag" I would take that as an insult to the core.

• Like 4

If I had parked my car to go on a cruise I'd walk around it 4 times to make sure everything was locked and nothing valuable was inside and on display before I could step away, knowing I'd be gone for an extended period and wanted it to be safe. I know it has happened to children too but I've never even left a bag of fruit and veg in my car let alone a living thing. It's something I can't quite get my head around. I don't know how you'd get over that if it was your dog it happened to.

• Like 2

I am left wondering why the dog walker  didn't phone the police or firies  to attempt a rescue ? 
I do feel for the walker - she has had a very strong learning experience . :( Daresay the cruise experience won't be as enjoyable ...wonder if she still went ? 

it's horrible all round ..and the man who got teh body out of the car ... would not have been at all pleasant :(

3 hours ago, mowgliandme said:

.... Makes it so hard to trust a dog walker or sitter - ....

That's a bit harsh though.  Quite a few of us have been in business as pet carers.  With professionalism, full insurance, clear contracts and a good name.  A case of incompetence and negligence (at best) or the self-centred uncaring act this case appears to be shouldn't tarnish the dedicated people who do a good job. 

• Like 2

Sorry @PossumCorner that wasn't meant to be a slight against ALL pet carers - I am also a professional pet carer btw~

I, personally, do find it hard to trust someone with my dog after hearing such stories - the above lady from Signal Station Dog walking has 4.6 stars on Facebook (only 5 reviews though). :( 

IF i was looking for someone i would want good reviews, insurance, pictures and trust - but even in regards to pictures:

I was at my local park a few weeks ago with my dog and a lady came in with a van of 6 dogs (none of which were hers), she let them run around in the park for no longer than 6 minutes, did less than 1/2 a lap of the oval, all while taking photos and angrily yelling at dogs to hurry up then bundled them back up in the van... I'm pretty sure the owners would have received 'happy snaps' of their dogs at the park and probably paid for a lot longer than 6 minutes of park time! (yes those are assumptions)

I definitely don't think all pet carers are like that! I just think choosing one you trust with your dog is not easy :)

Edited by mowgliandme
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, persephone said:

I am left wondering why the dog walker  didn't phone the police or firies  to attempt a rescue ? 
I do feel for the walker - she has had a very strong learning experience . :( Daresay the cruise experience won't be as enjoyable ...wonder if she still went ? 

Your compassion for the walker is misdirected persephone - at least I think so.  As I understand the report, she went on the cruise and realised some hours later while still on the cruise that the dog was in her car.  Instead of calling the police or someone close to where she left the car, if that was possible, she texted the owner who was some distance away. Thursday was a cruelly hot day and I can’t see that the dog would have survived for very long.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, mowgliandme said:

I definitely don't think all pet carers are like that! I just think choosing one you trust with your dog is not easy :)

I feel this is the case.  As with any business, there and good and bad, very good and very bad and everything in between.  We need to do our due diligence.   

• Like 3