how do you wash your dog face

1 hour ago, Dame Danny's Darling said:

I use a face washer.  When bathing them I close their ears to prevent, as much as possible, water getting into their ears.  I regularly clean around their eyes with cotton wool balls dampened with warm water.    

Yup. This. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alxdukeella said:

how do you wash your dog face do you pour a big jug of water over the dog face

Doing that will probably scare them and get water in their ears (which can lead to issues and a sad pup.)

I usually just wipe with a wet face washer as mentioned above. :) 

I don’t use shampoo on their faces either.

• Like 2

I make up a very weak solution of no tears baby shampoo and wash their face in the bath - a weak solution doesn’t need much rinsing so although they don’t like it, it’s not too much of an ordeal. I do it last thing before they get out 

• Like 1

I wash my dog in the shower with the removable shower head

For her face i reduce the water pressure slightly, gently hold her (long floppy) ear down and spray on her muzzle gently then shampoo and rinse in the same way. For the top of her head i try to direct the water down her neck and move her ears forward out of the way slightly.

She loves having a shower and hasn't had any ear issues with this method - but if she didn't like water on her face id probably try the face-washer and diluted baby shampoo method?