52/2018

Scottsmum

Great photos everyone. Love the little chubby arm next to the well  loved toy. How wonderful you keep it to share the love!

Love the animals enjoying something cool, that watermelon looks particularly delicious!

Mine is of a cactus flower which looks as spiky as the plant itself!

2018-01-22_07-08-14

Edited by Roova
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, Roova said:

Great photos everyone. Love the little chubby arm next to the well  loved toy. How wonderful you keep it to share the love!

Love the animals enjoying something cool, that watermelon looks particularly delicious!

Mine is of a cactus flower which looks as spiky as the plant itself!

2018-01-22_07-08-14

I have one exactly the same. They are beautiful.

ZM it was a nothing special looking plant so I moved it and boy it took off!  There's pups popping up all over which I should really be separating and replanting. Actually there's lots I should be doing in the garden but it gets a bit over whelming at times!

13 hours ago, Roova said:

Between us - I never intended to share him! He's almost the only thing I have left from my childhood & being well over 30 I was a bit hesitant to let him go another round.

But - Georgie just lights up when he sees him. It's just the sweetest thing -so how could I possibly refuse?

• Like 4

I'm getting in early this week for once! 

I chopped up my birds food today and thought I'd keep it separated for a colourful photo. The parrots go straight for the fresh stuff, the budgies go for the seeded grasses. I'm just having a coffee lol

My birds food

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Roova said:

I'm getting in early this week for once! 

I chopped up my birds food today and thought I'd keep it separated for a colourful photo. The parrots go straight for the fresh stuff, the budgies go for the seeded grasses. I'm just having a coffee lol

My birds food

Wow. That looks amazing. Lucky birds. 

• Like 1

Hey Roova - is that capsicum and beetroot you are feeding your birds?

Sorry for the off topic question, but I have parrots, canaries and finches all together in a big aviary, and give fruit and greens - but always looking for variety for them, so interested in what you are feeding (it looks yum :-))

@BDJ yes I normally offer them a bit of everything. Never avocado or onion though.

I used to chop it and freeze it but it defrosts really poorly and never got eaten so I just suck it up and make it fresh twice a week.

One thing I found is the younger the bird when you start offering new foods the more likely they are eat a wide range of food later (probably much like kids lol). But if they don't eat things straight away just keep offering it.

I have found canaries and budgies seem to prefer seeded grasses but they still pick through what the parrots are eating. Off topic over and out...:laugh: