52/2018

Scottsmum

I had to grab it out of her rapidly chewing mouth ...weird creature , honestly! If one of her favourite plain bone shaped dog biscuits(yeah, yeah...) has touched anything else , or I hand it to her after I've patted a dog or something - she will not touch it - yet she grabs a $5 note off the ground , no questions asked !

• Haha 1

I missed a week, so will add an extra one this week.

This is a very patient tawny frogmouth who was at a micro workshop I went to last week.  His expression livened up when a small python came out, and when I got between him and the python he was not happy :-)

I took 2 photos, but still learning the sensitive depth of field on my new macro lens - in the other one his beak was excellent, soft eyes - in this one its the opposite.  Oh well, just need to keep practicing

nytk3t.jpg

Edited by BDJ
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

new week .
the things a 'princess' gets asked to do ... all that sensitive pink skin ..esp on dangly bits ..in contact with a dead tree? But he's a good lad ..   ;) 

I had to change colours in this image ..he looked like spun fairy floss covered in some white fluff!! SO pink ! 

Image may contain: dog, sky, tree, outdoor and nature

• Like 6

2 hours ago, BDJ said:

I missed a week, so will add an extra one this week.

This is a very patient tawny frogmouth who was at a micro workshop I went to last week.  His expression livened up when a small python came out, and when I got between him and the python he was not happy :-)

I took 2 photos, but still learning the sensitive depth of field on my new macro lens - in the other one his beak was excellent, soft eyes - in this one its the opposite.  Oh well, just need to keep practicing

nytk3t.jpg

Amazing capture BDJ, this is so beautiful...just wow.  Well done.   :winner:

On 03/02/2018 at 1:30 AM, Roova said:

Have a great time! Please share more about your trip and camera when you're back? :wave:

I'm exhausted :D

NZ -> Sydney -> Gold Coast ->Wagga -> Tumbarumba -> Katoomba. Due to go back to North Sydney tomorrow & Fly home on Monday.

Lil G has been an absolute star. Hasn't missed a beat! 

On 05/02/2018 at 4:49 PM, PossumCorner said:

Yummo to both subjects.  This should be Week 5A(or5B) as per page 1 (or not) - but must ask is this the new camera?  I've just started with one, so I'll start a 'new cameras' thread rather than clog up 52/2018.

It's a canon eos 1000d! 

Can't wait to get it home & play. 

• Like 3

Just now, persephone said:

Awwww..now that is a treasure !!  :):)

Yup! He's not even my grandad, he's my hubbys, but that one photo & visit was worth every hour, cent & all the solo flights.

Edited by Scottsmum
  • Like 1

Just now, Roova said:

Lovely photo @Scottsmum. :heart: Your trip sounds exhausting though!  Hope you weren't here on the Gold coast during our recent heat wave?

I think I *just* missed it Roova. I was there 5-7th feb.

It was stinking bloody hot in Wagga - but Dad has Air con & even had it serviced before our visit :clap:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roova said:

Lovely photo @Scottsmum. :heart: Your trip sounds exhausting though!  Hope you weren't here on the Gold coast during our recent heat wave?

@mingalingIs Mr Tits showing off the fact he can roll his tongue and not everyone can? :laugh:

Yes ! 

But it may have more to do with the fact he has two lower incisors missing :rasberry:

Edited by mingaling
  • Haha 2