52/2018

Scottsmum

aww - he grew up so fast :-)

my photo for this week.  The Adelaide Fringe is on at the moment and one of the things is a light show (some with music) on our old buildings on North Tce.  I don't shoot much at night so had problems balancing the light of the building and the foreground light.   I wish it was clearer but I loved the girl in the foreground - she danced for ages and had so much fun

4v4ub4.jpg

• Like 2

BDJ ..that is just lovely .Nellie  in an early Pageant !!..what a memory .and projected on one of the old walls ...love the window decoration .
The little girl DID have fun :)

@Roova  I think she did  ;) it's a picture of an old Adelaide Christmas pageant , crafted to fit on a certain wall .
the little girl can be seen dancing  bottom -left of centre. 
Nellie  is a mechanical elephant ..life size . Her skin is grey leather ..and she looks realistic  :) She moves and acts amazingly smoothly , thanks to all sorts of gears . I think she's about 70 yrs old :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, persephone said:

BDJ ..that is just lovely .Nellie  in an early Pageant !!..what a memory .and projected on one of the old walls ...love the window decoration .
The little girl DID have fun :)

@Roova  I think she did  ;) it's a picture of an old Adelaide Christmas pageant , crafted to fit on a certain wall .
the little girl can be seen dancing  bottom -left of centre. 
Nellie  is a mechanical elephant ..life size . Her skin is grey leather ..and she looks realistic  :) She moves and acts amazingly smoothly , thanks to all sorts of gears . I think she's about 70 yrs old :) 

Thanks for explaining Nellie, Perse :)

• Like 1

Thanks Perseph, Nellie is amazing, who outside of Adelaide knew?  Super shot BDJ, I thought it was a projected historic image of a real Adelaide zoo/circus elephant, a bit like Melbourne's Queenie.  Queenie was euthanased in 1944 - not for any reason of need, they decided she was too expensive to feed.  I was a toddler, and can remember Mum and Dad crying.  (Queenie had accidentally killed one of her keepers, but that had been a year earlier).

• Like 1