Water Additive for Tartar control

Has anyone had success with Tartar control liquid in the dogs water bowl

Some dental foods  say they have  Sodium  Tripolyphosphate  for  Tartar  removal , would this be in any water additives

My Pet warehouse  has some liquid additive  for  Tartar   removal,  I'm  not sure what's in them, or  how good they might be 

Hi Pandi,

Good on you for being proactive about Pandi’s dental health! My dog has had dental disease so I kind of throw everything at it. I spoke to our vet about water additives and decided to use HealthyMouth. Perhaps speak to your vet and see what they recommend for Pandi. I haven’t seen any water additives that contain sodium tripolyphosphate. The others seem to have xylitol.

The absolute best thing you can do for dental health is train your dog to enjoy toothbrushing. It is the gold standard of at-home care. People often put it in the too hard basket but so long as you GO SLOW and are committed it’s really not that hard. Below is my favourite training video. For toothpaste I use Dentipet. It has sodium polyphosphate and fluoride.

Has your vet checked Pandi’s teeth recently? It is advisable to have a healthy mouth before starting a tooth brushing regime. They can also give you advice about maintaining Pandi’s dental health.

Dentastix contain sodium polyphosphate if you are specifically looking for something else with that ingredient.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Scrappi&Monty said:

@Papillon Kisses  I thought Xylitol was toxic to dogs !?!? 

Good pickup! They say it is in such low quantities as not to cause any harm. It still weirds me out though. As I said, I use HealthyMouth. It has the VOHC seal of approval and does not contain xylitol. https://www.healthymouth.com/Articles.asp?ID=246

Edited by Papillon Kisses
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Papillon Kisses   do you buy the  Healthy mouth  leave on gel  &  the water liquid for drinking,  the site say the drink is green

I asked my vet & he is looking at bringing it into his practice

Healthymouth  website  is very informative , so i hope using  it for Pandi has good results,  i have been cleaning her teeth with dry gauze squares.

• Like 1