Tempus Fugit

Community rallies to save dog on death row for attacking child

23 posts in this topic

On 1/7/2019 at 6:43 PM, attaboysmum said:

I don't believe it was made public until after the dog was home but it is in the court record that the dog had an ear infection at the time.  

On 1/7/2019 at 3:11 PM, attaboysmum said:

The fact that the court record shows in amongst the uncontested facts a mention of the child being afraid of dogs also calls into question the credibility of the claim that the child visited the dog.  

So Lizzie, being afraid of dogs, wanted to pat Hank. Was there any evidence that Hank's bite resulted from Lizzie inadvertently touching Hank's inflamed ear while patting him? 

asal   
18 minutes ago, Tempus Fugit said:

So Lizzie, being afraid of dogs, wanted to pat Hank. Was there any evidence that Hank's bite resulted from Lizzie inadvertently touching Hank's inflamed ear while patting him? 

always remember the story of the family dog who bit their child. after the vet put it down and was picking up the body, something jabbed his arm, he found a broken off pencil in the poor dogs ear

17 hours ago, Tempus Fugit said:

So Lizzie, being afraid of dogs, wanted to pat Hank.

She became afraid of dogs after the bite. 

This is the exact wording of the section under "Nature of Injury"

"However, the child’s cheek is scarred and may require further surgery as she grows. She also suffers emotionally both from a fear of dogs and self-consciousness about her scar."

There is no suggestion in any of the court records that the child hurt him, even accidentally, but this is the wording in the court papers relating to the ear infection:

"Hank was being treated for an ear infection at the time of the incident, which may have impacted on his behaviour."

The first public mention of the ear infection that I've seen was after he was released.  I wouldn't have seen everything Team Dog put out though so it's possible it was mentioned before but I just haven't found it.

Edited by attaboysmum