Wahl KM2 hair getting stuck

Yuki

I've recently purchased a Wahl KM2 clipper. I'm not a professional groomer but could groom around 5 dogs really well with this clipper. Then came this maltese (which probably had a rough coat) which I groomed and all his hair started getting stuck on the blades and wouldn't cut through. I took off the blade and cleaned it and oiled it well and it started working, but now everytime I groom any dog, I can't continuously groom them. Even 4-5 strokes, I have to detatch the blade, clean it and oil it and then it works again.

Does anyone else have the same problem? Do groomers have to clean their blade and oil it 4-5 times while grooming 1 dog? 

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

There could be something wrong with your blade but don’t discount your clipper either. You blade might be dull and needs sharpening, may be damaged, or needs to be re tensioned etc. or the blade drive on your Clipper May need replacing. 

Can I suggest you join a FB group called GEM(Groomers Equipment Maintenance)

Ask this question there and you will get great professional advice from an awesome congregation of industry sharpening and equipment maintenance professionals.

If you are in VIc please look up Ian Parsons at Feather Edge Sharpening, for excellent service and sharpening work and advice. 

Edited to add, you said you only recently got the Clipper, so you probably have new blades to. Unfortunately it’s a real issue that brand new blades often come out of the factory blunt or mis aligned. So it’s not inconceivable that your brand new blades need to be sharpened and serviced to get the best out of them. 

Id seek the advice of a professional. 

Edited by mingaling

The blade would definitely be blunt. Needs sharpening or a new one. I have always used the Wahl KM2 clipper for grooming. I do a lot of schnauzers. And just recently I had the same problem as you. Because it was a rush before Xmas and so much going on I actually was not thinking straight and kept taking it off and cleaning etc. Then I suddenly realised, doh :hitself:and changed to a new  blade and the fur just fell off. Job finally done.