A benefit worth having

sandgrubber

LOL.  When I first brought two little 8/9 weeks old puppies home in September 1993, I took two weeks holidays.  When I went back to work, I had the local dog walker come in and spend time with them in the middle of the day.  She would bring her lunch and play with them in the back yard.  She use to leave little notes as to what they did :heart: :heart: :heart:.  The first time I had to go to a function straight from work which meant getting home late, I was a nervous wreck.  I wonder if I can claim retrospective benefits?

• Like 2

OMG!!  Another memory from when I was actually offered similar to pawternity benfits from a long time ago - 2003 I think.  I was in charge of organising and running the company’s annual conference which ran over several days with many activities so I was on the go from early in the morning until late at night.  I made a joke to my boss about boarding the dogs with their groomer in her house so I would not have to worry about how they were.  He agreed that that was a good idea and he was happy to pay for it.   The thing is, try as I might, I simply can’t remember if I took up the offer.  I am pretty sure I did, because I remember being collected by a driver very early on some mornings.  

I took 3 months LSL when I get my puppy two and a half years ago. Was wonderful. The first month revolved around the puppy. Second month I painted inside of my unit, so started leaving dogs outside for an hour or three. Last month resumed a more normal routine with longer absences from home in the lead up to returning to work hours.

• Like 2