Obedience/Agility training Melbourne east

Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations of group obedience classes for my 5 month old pup in the eastern Melbourne suburbs.. pref' not too close to the CBD - I'm in the Dandenong Ranges, so up to 20km radius from Belgrave if it's possible.

I've looked online and have seen a few schools such as Command Dog Training School, Positive K9 Training and Eastern Companion Dog Training.

Can anyone recommend these schools, or any others please?

Also, if there might be schools that offer agility for further down the track when he's older.

Any suggestions much appreciated, thanks :)

I attend positive k9 training 2 years now (3 years in may!)  and thoroughly enjoy it. I take both my dogs there on a rotational basis. 

Classes start out as introductory life skills and as you and your puppy get more experienced, you move up to the harder obedience. One of mine is in advanced levels and the puppy is in intermediate. 

Level 4 social class does introductions to sports such as agility, in multi week blocks. It's a new class starting this week that I've enrolled in :)  Give you a taste at it and the trainers could likely recommend you clubs located near you. 

I thoroughly enjoy this atmosphere. It is well organised and safe group classes. 

Edited by Thistle the dog
Tried to add a photo and I failed :(
  • Like 1

Yes .. I was going to say Croydon too.  They do have an agility program too - or they used to, although your pup is too young for that, but at least you know they're looking at preparatory training for that too.   And a big yes to Awesome Paws for agility.   I would go there if I could .. a bit far to travel for me - from southern Tasmania!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Spotted Devil said:

Yep. Definitely wouldn’t go anywhere else. Best agility foundations and skills you could hope for. Croydon don’t really do much agility anymore.

Seems to be a trend with a few clubs - they might do some basics for fun but trying to juggle the basic training program/public needs vs. the more dedicated performance crew is getting increasingly difficult.