Where do you buy your Protexin?

westiemum

Whenever I need to do an order I run my purchases through different websites to see who will be the cheapest. Vet n Pet Direct are always one of the most expensive, so it’s interesting that others find them competitive. I used to shop with them before other companies came on the scene.

16 minutes ago, Papillon Kisses said:

Whenever I need to do an order I run my purchases through different websites to see who will be the cheapest. Vet n Pet Direct are always one of the most expensive, so it’s interesting that others find them competitive. I used to shop with them before other companies came on the scene.

PK it really depends what it is. And many other sites add a whack of shipping costs. So it looks cheaper but it’s not. 

• Like 2

True! That’s why I do the whole cart thing including calculating shipping cost. For a recent order one company was (mildly) cheaper until they wanted $17 for shipping. :eek: 

I usually end up buying from Budget who have free shipping if there are flea/tick/worm products in the purchase or if the order is over $49. My most recent order would have cost $30+ more with VNPD.

VNPD must not have cornered the market for Malkie products. :laugh: 

• Like 1

Could you email BPP again and hope to speak to someone else who might be more sympathetic? Pretty disappointing you had such crappy treatment, from a company so many of us use with usually good service. Perhaps it was one person having a bad day you were unlucky enough to strike? 

10 hours ago, ish said:

Could you email BPP again and hope to speak to someone else who might be more sympathetic? Pretty disappointing you had such crappy treatment, from a company so many of us use with usually good service. Perhaps it was one person having a bad day you were unlucky enough to strike? 

Even though WM said she wouldn't buy from them I don't think the company in question is BBP ish

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just an update.

I have tried and tried to contact this company but, there is no phone number, no physical address, no email except through their website, their dispute resolution link doesn't work and if you get crappy service from their sales people then guess who the only people you can contact is? Yep the sales people.  The invoice has no return details on it either or addresses or phone numbers.   So if evertything goes fine with this company you're fine.  But if anything goes wrong, you are in real strife.    All the rules of good online business broken. 

So still haven't been able to return the Protexin or talk to anyone about this.   

I've had one last try today to contact the owner of the business - otherwise I've decided to escalate.  If anyone wants to know who it is PM me.  

• Like 1

HI All,

Another update.  I've finally got to talk by email to the owner of the business and his attitude has been just as unhelpful as his sales staff.  Doesn't listen, doesn't understand customer service at all, doesn't understand simple protection of his business reputation and customer trust is paramount, and certainly doesn't understand Australian Consumer Law.  He had the hide to say to me that 'only a little powder was lost in transit'!  Huh? That's not the issue.  The issue is that the product arrived open and is a strange grey colour and IMO is not fit for purpose.  He wouldn't use it in his practice and nor should I be expected to use it in the current circumstances.    And he certainly doesn't understand that the measure of a company is how well it deals with complaints and recovers - nor how much damage an incident like this - that was soooo simple to resolve reasonably - could damage his business.  Sad. 

I've decided despite this being a relatively small amount (of money) that I'm not going to let this go.   So sadly I'm now going to have to make a formal external complaint.  

So just a warning to stay well away.  Like I said, if your transaction with them goes fine you'll be OK - but if anything goes wrong you're going to be in big strife with this company.  I'm just glad its only a container of Protexin in question. 

• Like 3