Continuation of “The Universe has Spoken"

When I saw how much Tamar enjoyed having the foster boys around, I thought that I might look for a little boy to adopt.  Not that I or my wallet needed anymore dogs LOL.  This went by the way when Orla came to live with us and I honestly thought we’d have her for a few years.  Sadly, that wasn’t to be and although I miss her every day (she has presence that girl - must be a poodle thing) I once again started to look for a boy for Tamar.  Although Jeune is her security blanket and her soul mate, they never played.  Tamar played only with boys.  

To cut a long story short, a little guy popped up on a facebook page and I went into action.   Had a long conversation with the lady at the pound, gave her my name and number and then asked her name.  Would you believe it was DOL’s very own Shmoo !!!  She remembered me of course - she has actually been to my place a couple of times - and so today I trekked out to Campbelltown and picked up my little fellow.  Oh gawd.  Poor little fellow.  Filthy with flea dirt, knots and clumps of hair everywhere, hair loss on his rear and back legs and severe dental disease.  However, he is a bright as a button and, despite his very dull and dirty coat, he is gorgeous.  I have started on cleaning him up, but there is only such much a little boy can take in one sitting.  So here are the before photos of  [little no name - waiting for the light bulb moment], a 15 years old Pomeranian who, when he is in the afters state, will be totally beautiful.   Wish me luck with the tub session LOL

39758659012_81e75a676f_t.jpgIMG_0663 by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

38891451445_2d3cfe1275_t.jpgIMG_0658 by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

24920167597_b670a19ec4_t.jpgIMG_0657 by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

38891435295_5aa33eac9e_s.jpgIMG_0644 by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

39758607622_31ff14aecc_s.jpgIMG_0639 by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

• Like 7

LOL - thanks folks.  He is now bathed and his coat is several shades lighter.  Lots of work still to be done, but getting better.  He looks like a Lowchen (a clip I really really really dislike) with his full Pom coat in the front and his bare little bottom.   

Something that can be shared with only doggy people.  I had him in the laundry tub soaping him up and when I was doing his back legs and his bottom, I thought:  OMG!!  Lumps - he’s got lumps!!  Oh no!!  Not more cancer.   Then I remembered . . . . . he isn’t desexed.  I could hardly carry on I was laughing at myself so much.   Long time since I’ve had a little dog with “lumps”.  

Edited by Dame Danny's Darling
  • Haha 11

12 hours ago, Papillon Kisses said:

Oh my gosh he is a doll. :love:

And I’m glad you are already in here SM as I was just about to tag you.  :laugh:

Well done, little man, you have certainly landed on your feet!

Yep, I reckon we need daily updates on the little takker.

He must be feeling better already

• Like 2

It really warms my heart to see people enjoying the story of this little fellow.  Many of the old timers probably know that Shmoo’s IRL name is Merryn and when she told me they would release him to me (via Golden Oldies Rescue) I joked and said I was going to call him Mezza.  She was horrified LOL.  However, try I as might it seems to have stuck and so here is little Mezza enjoying a well earned kip last night after a very very big day for a tiny guy.   

28026455429_0eb75227e4_q.jpgIMG_0665 by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

He gave me a life altering fright last night.  When I went to sleep he was happily curled up on a comfy quilt beside my bed, but when I woke several hours later he was no where to be found.  I rushed around every room like a lunatic, turning on every light inside and out.  Down into the back yard, heart pumping crazily, I grabbed the torch and started searching every nook and cranny.  Before setting out into the streets, I checked every room again and there he was ..... underneath the bed.  OMG, I nearly cried.  I held him for such a long time.  It seems he is a bit like Bunter who prefers to lie on the bare floor rather than bedding.  And, post breakfast, he is trying to play with Bunter who won’t have a thing to do with him.  Tamar is very cross with me and keeping her distance, but this is par for the course and I am sure when she realises he will play, she will be a good little sista.   

I forgot to say (with regard to his name) he was microchipped 15 years ago, but I was told his name wasn’t noted on the form.  It occurred to me this morning that he might have been microchipped by a breeder (he is obviously all Pom) and the name was left blank for the subsequent owners.  What do breeders generally do in this regard?  15 years ago, microchipping had been a legal requirement for only a few years and is still not being done by so many dog owners.   

Edited by Dame Danny's Darling
  • Like 3

I love his sleeping position with his dear little front paws so elegantly crossed!  A proper little gent, he is ... a real gem.   I'm so glad he's found his way to you... & even  under your bed.

I have empathy for you... I remember one dark, stormy, windy night when my Gracie disappeared.  Search parties sent out.   Later, found safe & warm, having climbed a ladder in the storeroom to sleep on a pile of dog towels.

Frequent updates, please, accompanied by lots of pics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was wondering who this was when you posted the pic and I thought maybe it was one of your fur babies you don't post many pictures of. Can't believe he is a newbie! Welcome Mezza!

And Mezza is the female word in Italian for half, middle or medium. Mezzo is the male equivalent and a term often found in music so maybe you can pretend you just happen to like Italian words!

1 hour ago, Little Gifts said:

I was wondering who this was when you posted the pic and I thought maybe it was one of your fur babies you don't post many pictures of. Can't believe he is a newbie! Welcome Mezza!

And Mezza is the female word in Italian for half, middle or medium. Mezzo is the male equivalent and a term often found in music so maybe you can pretend you just happen to like Italian words!

I thought of Mezzo, but it isn’t as easy to say as Mezza LOL.   And is not the Italian pronunciation MET ZO ?    Mezza is same as Bazza, Tezza, etc etc :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I had to go out to stock up on dog food and because it is a lot cooler and overcast, I took the Fab Four (LOL - couldn’t help it) with me.  They were all so good with Bunter and Jeune on the back seat and Tamar and Mezza on the pax front seat.  He is such a laid back little fellow, I feel so lucky.  

Anyway, despite the fact that there are soft beds everywhere, he has found his spot: against the wall behind the dining table and chairs.  Sleeps there at night too.  Very strange.  Here he is from bright eyed and bushy tailed to nodding off:  

39818440362_1094607a1a_q.jpgIMG_0670 by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

39850760101_37bab5edd2_q.jpgIMG_0675 by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

39140615694_c817ba1d44_q.jpgIMG_0676 by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1