Continuation of “The Universe has Spoken"

:cry: :love: :love: Mezza Mine is at the vet today having his dental and losing those little “lumps”.  I hope he is left with a few teeth in the front at least so his tongue doesn’t hang out - so uncomfortable for them.  He is such a dear little thing.  Now that he has had two baths, his true coat colour is emerging and he is very light coloured.   Admittedly, he is elderly and so lots of white.  Bunter looks a true Ranga beside him.   

Bathing him (and the others) is so easy now that I have started using Dermaveen Oatmeal Conditioner.  His coat is almost non existent around his back legs and hind quarters, but he still has the full Pomeranian “bib” at the front and with the conditioner, I can just brush straight through.  And they are so soft afterwards.  Tamar and Bunter get the treatment today LOL.  

• Like 2

Mezza is staying overnight at the vets :( :(.  He is okay, but the vet just wants to keep him on IV fluids for as long as possible.  She isn’t concerned otherwise she would have referred him to SASH.  He has lost all his teeth  :cry: :cry: and been desexed which is pretty damned major for a tiny boy of nearly 15.  I hope he sleeps the time away and doesn’t think he has been abandoned again.   

Love you, Mezza :heart: :heart: :heart:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

This morning, when I asked Mezza how he was feeling after his big operations, he said, “What operations?”  Yes, this little fellow has bounced back as though nothing has happened.  We had a lovely walk this morning:  IT WAS COOL WITH A FEW DRIPS OF RAIN !!!!    

Eating, toileting, walking, up and down the stairs with no hesitations.   At my feet under the desk at the moment.  Now to try to get Tamar and him playing.   

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mezza is doing really well and I was overjoyed last night when he trotted into the lounge and presented me with a tiny tennis ball !!!  When he first arrived, I tried him with a few toys and balls, but no reaction at all.   So I am glad he told me how he likes to play.  

He now sleeps all night through on the bed and loves a cuddle; Jeune and Tamar don't like being cuddled, just belly and ear scratches please.  And Bunter rarely stays on the bed.  

So all good in Mooch City.  

• Like 7

Sitting at the computer, pretty late and suddenly remembered I had the sprinkler on in the front garden :( :(.    I generally put the alarm on so as not to forget but now I am even forgetting to do that.  Anyway, Mezza came trotting after me, so I grabbed a lead, torch and a plastic bag and took him for a walk, just around the block.  He loved it.  I glanced behind me at one stage and there were two men walking a very small greyhound.  She didn’t have a green collar, but I gave it a chance and she and Mezza had great little sniffies.  Even though she was small he had to stretch his nose up to sniff her nether regions.  Her tail was going a million miles an hour and she was so soft.  Beautiful little dog from Greyhound Rescue .

Note to self:  When next to you take Mezza on late night walks take more than one baggie.   :o  :o

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

All goes very well here although Mezza and Tamar are still not playing :cry:.  But he and I have tuggy toy games and ball games; he loves it when I chase him around the house trying to grab the rope toy or ball :heart:  

And I am finally NOT kidding myself with wishful thinking.   Mezza’s hair around the base of his tail and his back IS growing back.   The pink area was quite a violent pink and had the barest minimum of fuzz on it.  Now normal colour and a lot of much longer hair.  Very pleased.   

26793566948_9779c27493_n.jpgIMG_0708 by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

39954876484_61f3a843ba_n.jpgIMG_0707 by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

40664720821_279617ecc9_q.jpgIMG_0706 by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

Edited by Dame Danny's Darling
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Scottsmum said:

Great updates DDD!

Thanks for that.  He is totally adorable.  

He nearly had a brother :eek:  :eek:  An identical boy popped up on a FB page the other day.  I nearly fell off my chair and even took details thinking I might ring the pound.  I need another dog like a hole in the head, but I knew Mezza would love a little playmate.  Luckily, the little guy popped back up with a note saying his owners had found him and he’d gone home.  

Edited by Dame Danny's Darling

• 1 month later...

An update.  Have renamed him FeeBee (Fluffy Butt)!!  Just joking, but would you believe the regrowth?  I was worried the hair might not grow around his bottom because he has hernias there, but it is really taking off.   He is as sweet as ever, love him to bits and, although he and Tamar don’t play at all, they are becoming quite close.  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:

39898480180_17eab42038_m.jpgIMG_0775 by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

• Like 5

5 hours ago, RuralPug said:

You might have consider trimming that bum fluff later on, both to keep an eye on the hernias and for hygiene reasons, but great to see excellent regrowth as it shows you are on the right path!

I think of the hernias constantly and go into a mild panic if I see him straining at all.  But yes, he will get a pro trim before too long :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

@persephone, no miracle, except from those scientists who developed a little pippette of a solution to kill fleas.  :)  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Mezza took me to task the other day for not giving his fans any updates.  My Four continue to be Fab and here are a couple of photos of took of Mezza to show you all the regrowth.  He now has a Pom tail instead of a rat’s tail.  Love them all to bits.  Tamar is looking resplendent in her purple coat.  

28276357257_8057fe859c_m.jpgIMG_0823 by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

28276359557_f24a49f153_m.jpgIMG_0822 by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1