Labrador Retreiver breeder recomendations

Tweetybird

Im having a hard time finding a good Labrador breeder,Im in NSW

I did find a  what was supposed to be reputable breeder that had told me lies and i dont want to have to go through that again.

I also seen another puppy the people were very nice and did not have anything to hide but the puppy didnt suit me.

Im looking for a nice Labrador puppy must be yellow, english type i prefer

If anyone could recommend me some good breeders please

Im not looking for breeders that are just out there to make money.

Have you looked at the Dogzonline Labrador Retriever breeders page? https://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/puppies/labrador-retriever.asp?state=NSW  

There are several breeders in NSW with current and future litters. I clicked on the links to a few of their websites, and I am impressed by some of the breeding programs, particularly with respect to improving hip structure.

12 hours ago, Tweetybird said:

Remember, efforts to improve bloodlines - by importing breeding stock, for example - are expensive. I’d be prepared to pay extra for a puppy from a breeder who provided evidence of good hip and elbow scores in dogs from previous litters (as at least one Breeder does), because this might save on vet bills (and grief) later.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tweetybird said:

In my experience, Lab breeders are a decent lot.  Breeding Labradors is a lousy way to make money, thought breeders do commonly try to recover their costs.

It is quite acceptable to ask for documentation of genetic tests, hip and elbow scores and pedigrees...so you can avoid lies about the big stuff.  

Not clear what sort of price you objected to, or what sort of lies you're talking about.

• Like 1

I second Pauline and Pete/Tapua and i also recommend Ruth Bone from Boskyrhomb Chocolate Labradors. Ruth is the breeder of both my labs. Ruth is in Ballarat and is well experienced in flying pups nationally if you choose an out of state breeder, which i did. I was living in Adelaide both times we got Boskyrhomb dogs.

On 31/01/2018 at 11:48 PM, Papillon Kisses said:

Scottsmum with a Lab. :rofl: 

Don't know why that's so funny. I'll ignore you :)

2 hours ago, tdierikx said:

... and they are temperamentally amazing also...

T.

Whoops. I actually meant the whole package not just physical looks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1