Walking the dog, in a winter wonderland.

BJ.

It is a bit different walking the dog here. The temp was quiet mild about minus 2 but you still need lots of layers and water proof clothes. Nella the husky is allowed off lead in the forest but wears a gps tracker in case she runs off. She also wears a bright orange harness so she is visible.

IMG-20180210-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20180210-WA0000.jpg

• Like 2

I have no idea, I have seen lots of dogs being walked all different breeds and no booties or jackets. Nella's pads are quiet rough but she seems fine. When she gets warm on her walk she sticks her whole head in the snow to cool down. It was minus 23 last week and we had gone out and left her in her outside run. We came back early as we were worried about her being cold. She was asleep in the snow on her back with her legs in the air!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, BJ. said:

She was asleep in the snow on her back with her legs in the air!

I recall seeing a documentary set in [forgotten but in the snow covered climes].  There was a shot where you’d think there was nothing but a few tents and suddenly all the various “lumps” in the ground came alive as the Huskies stood up, shaking off the snow in which they’d buried themselves.   It was such a great thing to see.

• Like 2