Looking for a training club, Brisbane Southside

I'm looking for a good training club in Brisbane's southside (i'm open to private training clubs/businesses too); i've looked at several of them online, but you can't tell what a club is like without being a member for a length of time. I'm looking for one that uses positive reinforcement (actually uses it and doesn't just say they use it and then some trainers just do what they want) also i'd prefer a club that hasn't got issues with internal politics (i left my last club because it was just too painful with issues between the 'old guard' and the 'new guard' surrounding training methodologies. 

And does anyone have any experience with the Labrador Retriever Club of Qld?

If you want Training in Drive focused type of private training especially for competition obedience I suggest Synergy Dog Training :). Nicole is awesome and trained under Steve's mentorship for many years.

Edited by ness
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/02/2018 at 6:54 PM, suziwong66 said:

I'm looking for a good training club in Brisbane's southside (i'm open to private training clubs/businesses too); i've looked at several of them online, but you can't tell what a club is like without being a member for a length of time. I'm looking for one that uses positive reinforcement (actually uses it and doesn't just say they use it and then some trainers just do what they want) also i'd prefer a club that hasn't got issues with internal politics (i left my last club because it was just too painful with issues between the 'old guard' and the 'new guard' surrounding training methodologies. 

And does anyone have any experience with the Labrador Retriever Club of Qld?

What sort of training do you want to do?  Red Dog Agility is in the DEEP south.  Brisbane Agility Dog Club also train southside.  Not sure which obedience clubs use positive methods these days.